SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPS shipping question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS shipping question Login/Join 
posted
Checking the UPS tracking on a package I have coming, and it's showing "Delay". For anyone familiar, what's the longest a UPS shipment has been delayed for you?

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think the longest en route UPS shipping delay I've ever experienced was a day.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
We used UPS exclusively for maybe a decade, and the longest delay I remember was only a day or two. This was before Covid, of course.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16380 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Got a one week delay once a few years back and that was it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Had several times during winter weather of delays of 1-5 days.
Also had a couple of "permanent" delays, shipments that just got lost.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm near the end of my UPS guys delivery route so usually it's the next day.
Fedex ground seems to be having terrible problems right now and I've experienced 2 to 5 days where it shows on the truck for delivery and he runs out of time.
When it does get there it has been 9 PM or so. That's just lack of staffing. Hard to blame the driver that starts out around 7AM and is still working 14 ours later.

Posts: 9537 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Delays of days and weeks when packages got misrouted.

Watched a package being sent a few towns over in MA go past the delivery town to CT and bounce around to come back three days late.

One company I do business with had a check go missing in a UPS warehouse.

It was in a UPS envelope.

UPS knew it went in but could not find it.

It was never found and the bank reissued the check eventually.

VA to MA via Utah.

The company was going to issue a new package if it did not arrive by Friday.

It came late Thursday.

When you talk to UPS if you get a reason at all, they blame COVID.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE: Checked UPS tracking again and the "Delay" tag was gone, so I don't know what that was all about. Weather?

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post