New
Find
Notify
Tools

ShrockWork Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
anyone have any experience with them? Thinking about getting their front bumper for the Taco...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53333 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Visit the 4Runner forum often and they are quite highly regarded there by the guys that do heavy off roading.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2905 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thanks Smile

Posts: 53333 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Yes. I bought their front and rear bumpers for my 4Runner.

Outstanding quality but long lead times. They are exceptionally sturdy and the powder coat on mine was great.

You might want to think about upgrading the suspension, especially if you add a winch.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
great photos

I take it you are very happy with the package

after my collision back in March I got the truck back and need to do something to beef up the front end - and this looks to be the ticket

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gear.Up:

You might want to think about upgrading the suspension, especially if you add a winch.

This. I too have a Shrock bumper, with a winch, and the suspension upgrade was definitely called for. I used OME heavy coil springs and their matching shocks. Couldn't be happier.

It can be ordered without the hoops if you wish and, with no winch, you may not even need to upgrade the springs. If needed, OME also makes a medium duty spring.

It can be a bit of a wait sometimes but the quality is well worth it.

Another choice to consider is ARB.

Posts: 784 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:
I take it you are very happy with the package

Yes! The fit and finish are excellent and I like how it looks. Big Grin

For the lift, I bought a Toytec BOSS kit with Total Chaos upper control arms and remote reservoir on the rear.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Horrible name for a business IMO

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108007 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Dang you guys have some seriously tough traffic to contend with!

Posts: 23708 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just spoke with Mark on the phone

they have a 3 month backlog

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Thats not bad last time I checked it was 5 months.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have their front bumper on my Nissan Frontier; excellent quality! Also had extra lights put on it (driving and fog). Pricy and a bit of a wait, but I do recommend them.

Posts: 318 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Totally badass. I will check them out. Those would look great on my Taco.

Posts: 17180 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post