SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maui, 3 weeks, supposed to be trip of lifetime, then Covid death
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maui, 3 weeks, supposed to be trip of lifetime, then Covid death Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Prefontaine, as you may know I lived and worked on Maui for a number of years, so every single thing you remember that makes it so special bring back fond memories for me too. Well, except I gave up on SUP, got a kayak instead.

I’m very sorry for the loss of Ma-ma; but recommend you plan to go back again to Maui when all this crap is over, as it will be soon.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
That’s a horrible story and I’m sorry for the loss of someone near and dear to you.

I heard a sermon one time that talked about the need to be a warrior. This guy was a SWAT leader and had his own set of demons. “Be a warrior when the times are tough and the outlook is bleak.” I have told this to myself many times when the going is rough and fear is all around. Exercise forgiveness and cherish the memories.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4235 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Sending up prayers for healing and strength. I am so sorry for your loss.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Terrible, so sorry for your loss and also having to endure all the crap 2020 brought.

Had a pretty bad year myself, you’ll get through this.

One day at a time.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7180 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Very sorry

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss, prayers sent for you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, and the impact it had on your vacation. At least you were in paradise when you had to deal with this.
I’m happy to hear you found a good church while you were there.
Wishing you the best.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about mom. Next time you’re out here let me know. I’m in Kihei.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:

Thanks. My friend, and where I stayed for part of my trip is the Waipuilani complex. I'll be back in 4 months.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
So sorry. Prayers for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by P210:

Thanks. My friend, and where I stayed for part of my trip is the Waipuilani complex. I'll be back in 4 months.

I’m .4 mile up the road, or beach for that matter.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post