SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ever lost a firearm?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever lost a firearm? Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted
I am curious how often this happens!

Question:
Have you ever lost a firearm? Thefts not included.

Choices:
NO
YES -- But I found it
YES -- Never found it

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Went shooting in a friends back field one day.
We're packing up to leave and I placed my shield .45 on my back bumper for a moment - then completely forgot about it.
Drove all the way home and started unpacking - "where the hell is my shield?"
Took me a few minutes to mentally backtrack and realize what I'd done.
Called up the friend and he went back out there with a flashlight and found it laying in the dirt.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1545 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I thought I left a pistol in a Rental Car once, but forgot I put in my second safe.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I misplaced a 30 round PMag for my AR. Tore the truck apart looking for it.

Several months later, it just sort of appeared on the back seat. No idea where it had been hiding.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15276 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
"Lost" is such a confusing word. "Misplaced?" "Relocated?"

I carefully hid firearms in various places inside my home, then went on vacation. I didn't have a safe back then. I didn't want anyone to find them, should a break-in occur.

Of course, recalling exactly where all the firearms were located after vacation was a challenge.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5078 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not outside of my house.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ now where the heck did I put that NAA revolver. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3531 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My Sig P290 was missing for about a week... that is the last one that disappeared on me.... but I finally figured out I had put it in my highway emergency kit.... don't know why but I did.
Seems when wife, dogs and I went to the beach this past October I decided one rifle and two pistols was not enough... so I added two more pistols to the crew.

Oh, I have a guy I know and see about once a year who told me he actually has a pistol and ammo sheet rocked in the wall of his bathroom.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Misplaced, forgot and found. Not "lost".

Q

Posts: 26513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
^ now where the heck did I put that NAA revolver. Roll Eyes

Don't worry it will pass.

Posts: 3578 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides that time when my boat capsized on Lake Tahoe, no.

P229

Posts: 3848 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
misplaced. couldn't find it. reported it lost. found it a week later. unreported it lost.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8033 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Not lost, exactly, but I have been temporarily unable to account for its whereabouts a few times, as well as forgetting to take it with me when I leave the house. This is a bad habit of mine, as well as with other items, that I have never quite been able to break. If I have to use a restroom while carrying, whether doing a single or a deuce, it stays attached to my belt at all times, or one day I'm going to leave it in there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 28015 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Mislaid for a period of time, never actually "lost." Forgot I had some stuff, too. That was like Christmas morning!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want to go into a long story , but yes I lost a S&W J frame snubbie . Actually it was in a duffle . When I realized it was gone I back tracked many miles looking for it but it was night time and I didn't find the bag . I called the Sheriff's Office and filed a report since there was a gun in the bag . My NRA insurance paid me a little bit but nothing to get excited about .

Posts: 4071 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to THE boating accident?

Posts: 22952 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
lost, well more like forgot where I put it, a couple,

all found safely locked up or in safe place,

as in the brain going,,, lets put this in this spot where I will remember,, and then I forgot,

once for months

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10436 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Put one up on a high shelf in my closet while changing clothes. Forgot it was there. When I noticed it was gone, I hadn’t a clue where it could be. Tore my vehicles apart and scoured the shop. No where to be found. Much later I discovered it when I reached up to put another gun on the shelf while……changing clothes. Mystery solved.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29734 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WTF? Lose a gun? Ughh No, never... I'm very sure where all of mine are as I post this... And I just got home from a late night at work.

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
No, but I sure as hell found one.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post