SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bettysnephew, old time E. Iowa tv
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bettysnephew, old time E. Iowa tv Login/Join 
posted
I am trying to find info about a 60's era local tv show .
I thought it was put out on K.w.w.l. in waterloo.
( could be mistaken )

response by some feed company,
Was it Floyd Warren and his band? or did the band have its own name?

No , it was not Leo Greco.

do you remember this B&W tv show?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54685 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember the "Jerry Smith Show". He was a singing cowboy type and wore Porter Waggoner/glitter cowboy type clothes. My mother and several ladies in my hometown almost swooned when the local hardware store owner had him do a live appearance at his business.

Of course for kids it was the Marshal Jay show after school later replaced by Dr. Max and Mombo the clown. Marshall Jay's show ended abruptly when he thought the mike was dead and he repeated something like, "That ought to hold the little bastards for a while." I also remember seeing him at an appearance in a neighboring town when he did a quick draw exhibition and shot himself in the leg. He was so drunk I don't believe he felt any pain.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know the Kent Feed Company was a sponsor of some local programming.

Their corny jingle went: (You're going to hate this)

Feed those finer Kent Feeds on your farm today,
Hogs and cattle will do better every way,
Oh, your hens they will be laying',
Till the henhouse is a swaying,
Feed those finer Kent feeds on your farm today!

Now I won't be able to get that out of my head for a week! You are a very sick man causing memories like that to be dredged up from my misspent youth in small town Iowa!

The “POLICE"
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2892 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright. This is worse. Those from Knoxville should remember this guy and his stores which proliferated in the poorer sections of town.

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle Orrie and Ferdie Fussbudget.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16116 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bendable:
I found this article about Marshal J. Interesting reading and it recounts the shooting accident I related in the first post.

https://ir.uiowa.edu/cgi/viewc...ntext=annals-of-iowa

The “POLICE"
Not Kiss It

posted Hide Post
this guy had 8 or ten band members, it was a weekly show.
I called K.w.w.l. and there is no one over 30 working there Roll Eyes

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54685 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post