SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weird request, anyone with country property within 3-4 hours from Fort Meade MD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird request, anyone with country property within 3-4 hours from Fort Meade MD Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
So I didn’t book a state park soon enough and trying to take the kids camping this weekend. Anyone with property or know of a place not at a state park that I could bring the little teardrop this weekend with my two kids and dog?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6323 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
So I didn’t book a state park soon enough and trying to take the kids camping this weekend. Anyone with property or know of a place not at a state park that I could bring the little teardrop this weekend with my two kids and dog?

I do not, but have you checked out HipCamp.com?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackwater Falls, WV used to save some spots for first come first serve if you are feeling adventurous.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Fort Meade has an RV park. So does Andrew's AFB.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12922 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Check Little Bennett. My brother takes his camper and kids there. They don’t live to far so it’s a easy weekend getaway for them. Not sure about finding a spot this weekend but something to check out.

Unfortunately since Covid it’s really hard to find places like that if you don’t book ahead of time. Most of my camping in the area is primitive with just a backpack but even that has become harder and harder to do.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I’ve got 31 acres that we live on between Fredericksburg and Richmond.

There are also a couple of private campgrounds and a state park at Lake Anna.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You can use my backyard. I live in a sort of rural enclave at the junction of VA Routes 7 and 28.

We have river access on the Potomac and Broad Run. Algonkian Park also has river access, plus a big pool (opens this weekend) and an 18 hole golf course.

The Smithsonian's Udvar-Hazy Center is about 7 miles off.

In my neighborhood we have the site of the only "stand up fight" involving Mosby's Rangers.

There are two very nice public (indoor) ranges within 7 miles.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VANQUISH:
Blackwater Falls, WV used to save some spots for first come first serve if you are feeling adventurous.

About two miles from Blackwater Falls is a road named Canaan Loop Road, just off highway 32. That Forest Service road has about one dozen camping spots that are first-come first-served.
It is one of my favorite spots in the entire state of West Virginia.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post