SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    17,584 pounds of methamphetamine and 388 pounds of fentanyl busted coming in from Mexico
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

17,584 pounds of methamphetamine and 388 pounds of fentanyl busted coming in from Mexico Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t take much.

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China doesn't take kindly to drug dealers either. In general, China doesn't have a street drug problem because they just execute the traffickers and dealers. They don't want that shit in their country, period. But sending it here to cause more mayhem in our inner cities, more violence, more riots, more far left "bail reform"? That's strategic, and so far it seems to be working.

In the 80's the inner cities demanded harsh sentences for crack dealing and possession. They welcomed the laws that made crack more punishable by weight than powered cocaine. A couple decades later, the incarceration levels they asked for are now racist and we have to let everyone out and stop prosecuting crime. Fentanyl is just going to make things happen faster because it is so much more potent.

If we really wanted to stop it, we could. But we don't have the will. And the money is probably so deep into "legitimate" institutions for laundering that no one wants to end the money train.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
More supply chain problems.

You win the internet today

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The plan is the destruction of this country. Most of the elected are likely in on it to some extent. It would not surprise me if Hunter was having it flown in commercially

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
It doesn’t take much.

Gone are the days of 'tasting' the baggie you think is cocaine. The pictured amount is about two pinheads-worth.

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...yl-will-kill-you.png

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Drug trafficking, yes, the drug pusher knows it’s death.

Why did we real legalize ethyl alcohol as a drug for consumption after years of prohibition?

Ever study the Harrison act? True racism.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Why did we real legalize ethyl alcohol as a drug for consumption after years of prohibition?

Because making it illegal was the result of a moral panic created by well-meaning but misguided white women, and not based on any consideration of the willingness of the country to give up alcohol or the ability of the government to enforce it.

These were the prototype Karens, and no one could speak in favor of alcohol because of fear of activist retribution. So the politicians all went along with it, denounced alcohol, and the public went along with it enough to pass a Constitutional Amendment. That's a really high hurdle.

That one Amendment gave rise to the largest criminal enterprise in the history of the country - one that still exists today, and a huge increase in crime and murder, to fuel the country's demand for alcohol.

After a dozen years, people came to their senses and realized that almost no one really wanted alcohol to be illegal except some loud mouthed Karens and no one really ever planned to stop drinking.

Sound familiar to today?

At this point in history a large number of Americans believe in legalizing weed and it is going that way state by state. They say it's not that harmful and has benefits and is not as bad as alcohol and so on. I don't use the stuff so I wouldn't know, but as long as there is a federal ban, and I have to get a drug test every time I change jobs, and my 2nd amendment rights depend on me not being "a habitual user or abuser of illegal drugs", I'm not going to start. The reason it is being accepted is that since the 60's a whole lot of people use it and would like to use it legally.

But far fewer believe in legalizing hard drugs like heroin, meth, cocaine, crack, and fentanyl.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
LD50 of 0.002 g

Not sure where that came from but I can assure you that a fatal dose of fentanyl is a whole lot less than 2000mcg, particularly in opiate naive people. I once had a PACU nurse damn near kill a 12 year old with 50mcg.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I'm so sick of fentanyl. Nightly ODs. My guys are going through Narcan like we got it on a clearance sale. If it wasn't for Narcan the death toll would be unbelievable. First 10 years of my career I could count on one hand the number of fatal ODs I worked. Five years at CSI skewed the number a bit, but even then I've easily worked more in the last year than in the previous 22 combined.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fentanyl is a Clear and Present Danger. And we know where it is coming from. This is not a drug problem, it is asymmetrical warfare.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was typing almost the exact same response when I saw this.

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Because making it illegal was the result of a moral panic created by well-meaning but misguided white women, and not based on any consideration of the willingness of the country to give up alcohol or the ability of the government to enforce it.

These were the prototype Karens, and no one could speak in favor of alcohol because of fear of activist retribution. So the politicians all went along with it, denounced alcohol, and the public went along with it enough to pass a Constitutional Amendment. That's a really high hurdle.

That one Amendment gave rise to the largest criminal enterprise in the history of the country - one that still exists today, and a huge increase in crime and murder, to fuel the country's demand for alcohol.

After a dozen years, people came to their senses and realized that almost no one really wanted alcohol to be illegal except some loud mouthed Karens and no one really ever planned to stop drinking.

Sound familiar to today?

At this point in history a large number of Americans believe in legalizing weed and it is going that way state by state. They say it's not that harmful and has benefits and is not as bad as alcohol and so on. I don't use the stuff so I wouldn't know, but as long as there is a federal ban, and I have to get a drug test every time I change jobs, and my 2nd amendment rights depend on me not being "a habitual user or abuser of illegal drugs", I'm not going to start. The reason it is being accepted is that since the 60's a whole lot of people use it and would like to use it legally.

But far fewer believe in legalizing hard drugs like heroin, meth, cocaine, crack, and fentanyl.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Are you willing to give the US Government (and the states also) the power to do what China does? Because that's what it would take.

In the 80's the crackdowns did have good effects on street crime reduction. The fact that they couldn't operated as openly as they had been kept the murder and mayhem the open air dealing had been causing to a much lower level.

But the drug business just went underground and became a bit more circumspect in it's operation. The street corner drug markets gave way to pager (then cell phone) based drug delivery operations. But anyone could still buy any amount of any drug they wanted. That never changed.

I really don't think that you can effectively end illegal drug smuggling / distribution / use within the context of the constitutional rights afforded Americans.

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
China doesn't take kindly to drug dealers either. In general, China doesn't have a street drug problem because they just execute the traffickers and dealers. They don't want that shit in their country, period. But sending it here to cause more mayhem in our inner cities, more violence, more riots, more far left "bail reform"? That's strategic, and so far it seems to be working.

In the 80's the inner cities demanded harsh sentences for crack dealing and possession. They welcomed the laws that made crack more punishable by weight than powered cocaine. A couple decades later, the incarceration levels they asked for are now racist and we have to let everyone out and stop prosecuting crime. Fentanyl is just going to make things happen faster because it is so much more potent.

If we really wanted to stop it, we could. But we don't have the will. And the money is probably so deep into "legitimate" institutions for laundering that no one wants to end the money train.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm just curious as to how many people it took to count over 6,000 packages of something just found yesterday... I'd still be counting.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

I'm just curious as to how many people it took to count over 6,000 packages of something just found yesterday... I'd still be counting.
Nothing to it. It's easy. Kind of like counting the number of cows in a herd -- you just count the legs and divide by four.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Are you willing to give the US Government (and the states also) the power to do what China does? Because that's what it would take.

In the 80's the crackdowns did have good effects on street crime reduction. The fact that they couldn't operated as openly as they had been kept the murder and mayhem the open air dealing had been causing to a much lower level.

But the drug business just went underground and became a bit more circumspect in it's operation. The street corner drug markets gave way to pager (then cell phone) based drug delivery operations. But anyone could still buy any amount of any drug they wanted. That never changed.

I really don't think that you can effectively end illegal drug smuggling / distribution / use within the context of the constitutional rights afforded Americans.

When drug runners are moving semi trucks loaded with the shit across the border and we catch one once in a while, we are clearly not trying very hard. Dogs, X-Rays, whatever is needed for ALL vehicles. The problem is not people smuggling drugs in suitcases or on their person as they cross the border, it is commercial vehicle sized loads - a LOT of them.

When we are not using our military Special Ops and intelligence decimate the cartels, we are not trying very hard. When we are not destroying production in Central and South America at the source, we are not trying hard enough.

As for China sending Fentanyl they produce through Mexico into the US, that's a different problem. But we could freeze Chinese assets in the US and tie them up in legal proceedings for years. Chinese own a lot of stuff in the US and their gov't would have to do something pretty fast to lift the freezes. But we don't have the will to play hardball.

posted Hide Post
Feds Crack Down on Nurses Diverting Fentanyl Meant for Patients

Nurse Sentenced for Tampering With ICU Patient's Medication
A Florida nurse was sentenced to 6 months in federal prison, followed by 6 months of home detention, for tampering with a consumer product, the medication fentanyl.

According to the US Department of Justice, registered nurse Jerome Clampitt II was working the night shift in a Jacksonville, Florida, hospital when co-workers saw him using a syringe to administer fentanyl to a patient, though there was no medically necessary reason for the patient to receive the medication at that time. The co-workers reported the incident, and laboratory testing determined that the patient's dose of fentanyl had been diluted with saline.

Upon questioning by law enforcement officers, Clampitt admitted that he had diverted drugs from patients for his personal use. However, he denied diluting patients' drugs with saline. A subsequent audit of hospital records found multiple discrepancies in his handling of controlled substances during the month he had been employed there.

Further investigation found that Clampitt had been fired in 2019 by another hospital for refusing to submit to a drug test after that hospital discovered discrepancies in records suggesting he might have been diverting drugs for his own use.

Clampitt pleaded guilty to the charges in January.

As a part of his guilty plea, Clampitt admitted knowing that his actions could result in patients suffering pain, in addition to an increased risk of illness and death stemming from possible infection as well as respiratory, cardiovascular, and musculoskeletal complications.

Nurse Sentenced in Drug Diversion and Tampering Scheme
A Cedar Rapids, Iowa, registered nurse was recently sentenced to 5 years' probation for diverting fentanyl for her own use.

Sabrina Thalblum, 52, was sentenced after pleading guilty to one count of acquiring a controlled substance by misrepresentation, fraud, deception, and subterfuge and one count of adulteration and misbranding with intent to defraud and mislead, according to the US Attorney's Office for the Northern District of Iowa.

Taking advantage of her access to vials of fentanyl, Thalblum used a syringe to draw fentanyl from the vials and then replaced the stolen drug with saline, according to officials. After she made the substitution, she re-glued the caps of the vials to make it appear that the vials had not been tampered with.

According to a Department of Justice statement announcing the sentencing, Thalblum admitted at her guilty plea and sentencing hearings that she had been addicted to fentanyl and that she abused her position as a registered nurse to gain access to the drug at the outpatient surgery center where she worked.

The Gazette reports that the judge overseeing her case went below the advisory sentencing guidelines of 21 to 27 months in prison, based on several factors, including the fact that Thalblum sought treatment after being arrested and hasn't reoffended nor relapsed.

In addition to probation, Thalblum will have to pay a $10,000 fine and forfeit her nursing license.

Nurse Charged With Tampering With Consumer Products
A registered nurse based in Michigan is accused of using a syringe to remove fentanyl from vials and replacing the medicine with saline, according to federal officials.

A federal grand jury has charged Alison Marshall, 46, of Sturgis, Michigan, with tampering with a consumer product, a federal charge. The crime is alleged to have taken place while Marshall worked as a nurse in the interventional radiology unit of Bronson Methodist Hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

According to the indictment, Marshall knew that the vials containing saline would be dispensed to patients. WWMT, a Kalamazoo television station, reported that the tampering was discovered when another nurse administered medication from one of the vials that had been tampered with, and the patient did not respond.

Marshall was fired from the hospital in August 2020, and her license was suspended the following October, the television station reported. If convicted, Marshall could face up to 10 years in prison.

Nurse Practitioner Convicted in Telemedicine Fraud Scheme
After a 2-day trial, a jury found a Georgia nurse practitioner guilty of charges related to a multimillion dollar telemedicine fraud scheme.

Sherley L. Beaufils, 43, of Conyers, Georgia, was found guilty of healthcare fraud, aggravated identity theft, and false statements related to healthcare, according to the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Georgia. She was found not guilty on one charge of conspiracy.

The charges were related to a complex telemedicine fraud scheme involving Beaufils and others. Her accomplices used a telemarketing scam to steal the identities of senior citizens. That information was provided to Beaufils, a nurse practitioner, who, in exchange for money, signed her name to fake medical records in which she falsely claimed that she had examined the patients. She then created orders for orthotic braces for patients she had never seen nor spoken with, including a back brace for a recently deceased patient, according to officials.

The scheme involved unnecessary orders for more than 3000 orthotic braces and resulted in upwards of three million dollars in fraudulent or excessive Medicare charges.

"The level of greed shown by Beaufils in this case is shocking, as she lined her pockets at the expense of American taxpayers and government funded healthcare programs," Philip Wislar, acting special agent in charge of FBI Atlanta, said in a statement announcing the verdict.

Beaufils' indictment was a part of Operation Brace Yourself, a nationwide initiative targeting healthcare fraud. She faces up to 10 years in prison on each of five counts of healthcare fraud, 2 years on each count of aggravated identity theft, and 5 years on the other counts. In addition, she will be expected to pay substantial fines and penalties.

For more news, follow Medscape on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.

LINK: https://www.medscape.com/viewa...11_mscpedit_wir#vp_2

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

The Fentanyl, and this is just a guess looking at location- came from China imported into Mexican ports along the coast controlled by the Nuevo Generacion Cartel, then funneled either directly into the US or sold to another Cartel then funneled into the US.

From the Fed LEO side (not me but relatives) this isn't current info on how China operates.

The Chinese pharmaceutical industry has lax oversight and while oversight is possible, it's not tight and that's how things get out of China.

China doesn't make the drugs but rather the precursors. They sell them to cartels in Mexico and also to other Central American countries knowing that the precursors will go to Mexico to make Fentanyl.

China used to sell the precursors directly to the US primarily on cargo ships however they agreed to curtail that practice and then pivoted to Mexico and others. It gives them deniability, just like they claim with intellectual property.

China is not our friend in more ways than one.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

Nothing to it. It's easy. Kind of like counting the number of cows in a herd -- you just count the legs and divide by four.

I thought herd math was:

(Number of legs/2) * 50% = number of cows

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
I'm so sick of fentanyl. Nightly ODs. My guys are going through Narcan like we got it on a clearance sale. If it wasn't for Narcan the death toll would be unbelievable. First 10 years of my career I could count on one hand the number of fatal ODs I worked. Five years at CSI skewed the number a bit, but even then I've easily worked more in the last year than in the previous 22 combined.

From my office two weeks ago I watched the police/firefighter paramedics administer Narcan to one of the local druggies. The revived him and he went about his business like nothing ever happened.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post