SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    17,584 pounds of methamphetamine and 388 pounds of fentanyl busted coming in from Mexico
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

17,584 pounds of methamphetamine and 388 pounds of fentanyl busted coming in from Mexico Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t take much.

Posts: 2736 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China doesn't take kindly to drug dealers either. In general, China doesn't have a street drug problem because they just execute the traffickers and dealers. They don't want that shit in their country, period. But sending it here to cause more mayhem in our inner cities, more violence, more riots, more far left "bail reform"? That's strategic, and so far it seems to be working.

In the 80's the inner cities demanded harsh sentences for crack dealing and possession. They welcomed the laws that made crack more punishable by weight than powered cocaine. A couple decades later, the incarceration levels they asked for are now racist and we have to let everyone out and stop prosecuting crime. Fentanyl is just going to make things happen faster because it is so much more potent.

If we really wanted to stop it, we could. But we don't have the will. And the money is probably so deep into "legitimate" institutions for laundering that no one wants to end the money train.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
More supply chain problems.

You win the internet today

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 36125 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The plan is the destruction of this country. Most of the elected are likely in on it to some extent. It would not surprise me if Hunter was having it flown in commercially

Posts: 916 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
It doesn’t take much.

Gone are the days of 'tasting' the baggie you think is cocaine. The pictured amount is about two pinheads-worth.

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...yl-will-kill-you.png

Posts: 8637 | Location: Mid-Atlantic Region | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Drug trafficking, yes, the drug pusher knows it’s death.

Why did we real legalize ethyl alcohol as a drug for consumption after years of prohibition?

Ever study the Harrison act? True racism.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 23291 | Location: Row 2F | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 35508 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Why did we real legalize ethyl alcohol as a drug for consumption after years of prohibition?

Because making it illegal was the result of a moral panic created by well-meaning but misguided white women, and not based on any consideration of the willingness of the country to give up alcohol or the ability of the government to enforce it.

These were the prototype Karens, and no one could speak in favor of alcohol because of fear of activist retribution. So the politicians all went along with it, denounced alcohol, and the public went along with it enough to pass a Constitutional Amendment. That's a really high hurdle.

That one Amendment gave rise to the largest criminal enterprise in the history of the country - one that still exists today, and a huge increase in crime and murder, to fuel the country's demand for alcohol.

After a dozen years, people came to their senses and realized that almost no one really wanted alcohol to be illegal except some loud mouthed Karens and no one really ever planned to stop drinking.

Sound familiar to today?

At this point in history a large number of Americans believe in legalizing weed and it is going that way state by state. They say it's not that harmful and has benefits and is not as bad as alcohol and so on. I don't use the stuff so I wouldn't know, but as long as there is a federal ban, and I have to get a drug test every time I change jobs, and my 2nd amendment rights depend on me not being "a habitual user or abuser of illegal drugs", I'm not going to start. The reason it is being accepted is that since the 60's a whole lot of people use it and would like to use it legally.

But far fewer believe in legalizing hard drugs like heroin, meth, cocaine, crack, and fentanyl.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 3384 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
LD50 of 0.002 g

Not sure where that came from but I can assure you that a fatal dose of fentanyl is a whole lot less than 2000mcg, particularly in opiate naive people. I once had a PACU nurse damn near kill a 12 year old with 50mcg.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy." Winston Churchill

Posts: 16991 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I'm so sick of fentanyl. Nightly ODs. My guys are going through Narcan like we got it on a clearance sale. If it wasn't for Narcan the death toll would be unbelievable. First 10 years of my career I could count on one hand the number of fatal ODs I worked. Five years at CSI skewed the number a bit, but even then I've easily worked more in the last year than in the previous 22 combined.

Posts: 2285 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fentanyl is a Clear and Present Danger. And we know where it is coming from. This is not a drug problem, it is asymmetrical warfare.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I was typing almost the exact same response when I saw this.

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Because making it illegal was the result of a moral panic created by well-meaning but misguided white women, and not based on any consideration of the willingness of the country to give up alcohol or the ability of the government to enforce it.

These were the prototype Karens, and no one could speak in favor of alcohol because of fear of activist retribution. So the politicians all went along with it, denounced alcohol, and the public went along with it enough to pass a Constitutional Amendment. That's a really high hurdle.

That one Amendment gave rise to the largest criminal enterprise in the history of the country - one that still exists today, and a huge increase in crime and murder, to fuel the country's demand for alcohol.

After a dozen years, people came to their senses and realized that almost no one really wanted alcohol to be illegal except some loud mouthed Karens and no one really ever planned to stop drinking.

Sound familiar to today?

At this point in history a large number of Americans believe in legalizing weed and it is going that way state by state. They say it's not that harmful and has benefits and is not as bad as alcohol and so on. I don't use the stuff so I wouldn't know, but as long as there is a federal ban, and I have to get a drug test every time I change jobs, and my 2nd amendment rights depend on me not being "a habitual user or abuser of illegal drugs", I'm not going to start. The reason it is being accepted is that since the 60's a whole lot of people use it and would like to use it legally.

But far fewer believe in legalizing hard drugs like heroin, meth, cocaine, crack, and fentanyl.

Posts: 20492 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Are you willing to give the US Government (and the states also) the power to do what China does? Because that's what it would take.

In the 80's the crackdowns did have good effects on street crime reduction. The fact that they couldn't operated as openly as they had been kept the murder and mayhem the open air dealing had been causing to a much lower level.

But the drug business just went underground and became a bit more circumspect in it's operation. The street corner drug markets gave way to pager (then cell phone) based drug delivery operations. But anyone could still buy any amount of any drug they wanted. That never changed.

I really don't think that you can effectively end illegal drug smuggling / distribution / use within the context of the constitutional rights afforded Americans.

quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
China doesn't take kindly to drug dealers either. In general, China doesn't have a street drug problem because they just execute the traffickers and dealers. They don't want that shit in their country, period. But sending it here to cause more mayhem in our inner cities, more violence, more riots, more far left "bail reform"? That's strategic, and so far it seems to be working.

In the 80's the inner cities demanded harsh sentences for crack dealing and possession. They welcomed the laws that made crack more punishable by weight than powered cocaine. A couple decades later, the incarceration levels they asked for are now racist and we have to let everyone out and stop prosecuting crime. Fentanyl is just going to make things happen faster because it is so much more potent.

If we really wanted to stop it, we could. But we don't have the will. And the money is probably so deep into "legitimate" institutions for laundering that no one wants to end the money train.

Posts: 20492 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just curious as to how many people it took to count over 6,000 packages of something just found yesterday... I'd still be counting.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

I'm just curious as to how many people it took to count over 6,000 packages of something just found yesterday... I'd still be counting.
Nothing to it. It's easy. Kind of like counting the number of cows in a herd -- you just count the legs and divide by four.

Any cocktail can be a shrimp cocktail if you put your mind to it, and if you carry lots of loose shrimp in your pocket.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 26010 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Are you willing to give the US Government (and the states also) the power to do what China does? Because that's what it would take.

In the 80's the crackdowns did have good effects on street crime reduction. The fact that they couldn't operated as openly as they had been kept the murder and mayhem the open air dealing had been causing to a much lower level.

But the drug business just went underground and became a bit more circumspect in it's operation. The street corner drug markets gave way to pager (then cell phone) based drug delivery operations. But anyone could still buy any amount of any drug they wanted. That never changed.

I really don't think that you can effectively end illegal drug smuggling / distribution / use within the context of the constitutional rights afforded Americans.

When drug runners are moving semi trucks loaded with the shit across the border and we catch one once in a while, we are clearly not trying very hard. Dogs, X-Rays, whatever is needed for ALL vehicles. The problem is not people smuggling drugs in suitcases or on their person as they cross the border, it is commercial vehicle sized loads - a LOT of them.

When we are not using our military Special Ops and intelligence decimate the cartels, we are not trying very hard. When we are not destroying production in Central and South America at the source, we are not trying hard enough.

As for China sending Fentanyl they produce through Mexico into the US, that's a different problem. But we could freeze Chinese assets in the US and tie them up in legal proceedings for years. Chinese own a lot of stuff in the US and their gov't would have to do something pretty fast to lift the freezes. But we don't have the will to play hardball.