SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Some tech help please - can’t find server
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some tech help please - can’t find server Login/Join 
posted
Ar15.com. Get this message on both iPhone and iPad using either Firefox or safari. Have no problem on desktop using Firefox.

I’ve done what my limited knowledge allows clearing caches etc but I’m lost. Thank you

Posts: 771 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comes up for me on my 6S' ios 15.5 using both Safari and Firefox Focus (anti-tracking version). Did you try rebooting your cellphone by swiping right to fully power off and then turning it back on again?

Don't have an ipad, so no idea on that one.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I did that on both devices

Posts: 771 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Is there a VPN somewhere in the mix?

Also, check Settings -> Wifi -> click the circle with an i in it -> DNS -> Configure DNS

Tell me what's there.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Are the iPhone and iPad using wifi connection? If so, try disabling wifi and check to see whether you can connect to the desired website. If you can connect by cellular but not by wifi, maybe your wifi router is going through a DNS server that is blocking access to the site?
While I was typing my response, Mark123 posted something that points in a similar direction.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V-Tail and Mark123 seem to be pointing you in the right direction, but if those fail this offers some other possibilities:

https://www.guidingtech.com/fi...-on-iphone-and-ipad/

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Try this.

https://www.ar15.com/index.html

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Also, check Settings -> Wifi -> click the circle with an i in it -> DNS -> Configure DNS

Tell me what's there.

Automatic

Also did a reset DNS settings and modem

Actually works using a VPN (TunnelBear). Also works on cellular connection

There is some discussion on the site about “weird DNS issue on their end”

Guess it will go away eventually

Thank you all

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Tell me what's there.

Automatic

Actually works using a VPN (TunnelBear)
click on Automatic, it should have an ip number.

Could have ar15.com blocked.

Turn off VPN and check it.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:

Also did a reset DNS settings and modem

Actually works using a VPN (TunnelBear). Also works on cellular connection

There is some discussion on the site about “weird DNS issue on their end”

Guess it will go away eventually

Thank you all

This is almost always a DNS issue when one site is not displaying and others are.
Simply configuring may not fix.
Clear the cache and retry (maybe reboot too).

https://osxdaily.com/2015/03/3...sfully.%20See%20More.

Also clear the browser cache as well (important).

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
This is almost always a DNS issue when one site is not displaying and others are. …
Yeah, DNS. Either local or over VPN.

May I ask what is the reason you’re using VPN? Just wondering.

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I don't see what I would try.

I would do a google search for AR15.com or AR 15 forum and look through the results and click on the appropriate link.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I ask what is the reason you’re using VPN? Just wondering.

I don’t normally - was just trying random things.