SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1988 World Series Game 1: Vin Scully calls Kirk Gibson's memorable at-bat
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1988 World Series Game 1: Vin Scully calls Kirk Gibson's memorable at-bat Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks for posting. I remember it.

Watching it again I love how as Gibson is getting off the field some media knob starts telling him to go over here for an interview and he's all "Fuck that, I'm going to the locker room". Old school pro, great moment.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
I miss Vin. Total class act.

His silences were genius, he knew when to let the moment have its glory. I grew up with Vin Scully, he was an icon.

This World Series was one of the last I watched front to back. My interest in MLB waned in the early 90s and when the strike happened, that was it. Not too many games after that. But this clip brings back memories. Thanks for posting.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post