SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More reason to support businesses like Chick-fil-A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More reason to support businesses like Chick-fil-A Login/Join 
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
The one closest to my office is on a real small footprint, with the workers outside taking orders and payments with their handheld devices, they push through three times as many people any other fast food place does. It helps having a smaller menu, but the workers there hustle. There will be a dozen cars in line but the wait is less than 5 minutes. I try to limit my trips there to once a week for the waistline and wallet health, but its tough.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Except everything would be closed on Sunday Wink

I remember a time when almost everything was closed on Sunday.

And, life was good.

And I miss it, greatly.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Guess where I'm going to go for lunch tomorrow Smile

Guess where I'm going to lunch on Sunday... NOT Chik-Fil-A Razz

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chick-Fil-A does some amazing stuff.

But maybe the best story is that they put a restaurant inside Mercedes Benz Stadium, where the Atlanta Falcons play. Why is that hilarious?

Because they weren't open for most of their home games, seeing as how they usually play on Sundays.

Iowa State University has a Chick Fil A at the football stadium. That's a pretty nice touch, beats the heck out of the hot dogs.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good food, 'nough said.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Jeez what some places will do to get Chick-Fil-A to open up on a Sunday. Talk about Jones-n for some chicken sandwiches!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
It's a great company; I am proud to say CFA was my first job when I was 15. My work ethic is what it is today largely due to the training and leadership I found there. I am still close with a lot of friends, managers, and a couple operators from my time with CFA, and love the local CFAs as well.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Solid outfit for sure. Wish they had a presence in my area but sadly not.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I think I just decided where I'm going to stop for dinner on the way home from work tonight.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My whole office orders Chick-fil-A once or twice weekly.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I was just at the local store now for lunch.

If people support Chil-Fil-A any more, they will need a lot more chickens, and more stores! The place was a mad house, people waiting to order, waiting for a table and this was after the noon rush!

They had the place decorated for Christmas to the max, like they meant it. The two lane drive through was backed up. This is an enclave of bitter clingers, of course.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Wow impressive. I miss Chick Fil -a. None in NH.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
In the aftermath of the Loma Prieta earthquake in October 1989, I spent a week or so on "mutual assistance" to a neighboring county, mostly working traffic points, occasionally getting essential things from Point A to B (we had 4WD vehicles, most didn't) and preventing post-disaster "urban shopping." No power, gas, or water in the area. Period.

About 10 hours into the incident, pitch darkness, a pair of headlight rolled up to our roadblock. Interior lights came on. Two box meals came out with an arm attached, the arm attached to a Chik-Fil-A manager, followed by two big Sweet Teas.

The manager's house was off its foundation.

The other employee in the car? Her house was a pile of sticks.

And they were out feeding LE, fire, utility crews, Red Cross, and other responders. Food, drink, and an absolutely heart-felt "Thank You" to us.

I have never had a better sandwich, before or since. I will NEVER not be a Chik-Fil-A customer.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
A big thumbs up for CFA. I have been to several in different states and they are all the same. Never had a bad meal or service.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Had it for lunch yesterday.

Need to go back and further patronize them.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Revolution37:

Iowa State University has a Chick Fil A at the football stadium. That's a pretty nice touch, beats the heck out of the hot dogs.

We have them inside Bobby Dodd Stadium as well. $6 a sandwich, though.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Just had a spicy chicken deluxe earlier.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
One can't help but notice that the mayor called Chick-Fil-A, not any of the other fast food enterprises...

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had I not been working from home today due to evening commitments, I would have had Chik-Fil-A for breakfast this morning. When the Flyers score 4 or more goals, you get a free Chicken biscuit around here.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Just right. I would only amend the thread title in that this example is yet another reason to support Chick-Fil-A specifically.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post