SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dolly recreates her PlayBoy Outfit from 1978
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dolly recreates her PlayBoy Outfit from 1978 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Old saying:
'When ya got it, flaunt it'.
A national treasure indeed!

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
She is an amazing woman, gives tons to charity without fanfare.

Do you know about her book club?
It sends every child member a free book once a month from birth to age 5...
...over one million books a month total to children in 5 countries.

Snip:
These high-quality books are chosen by experts in education and publishing and are based on the child's age.

I saw her interviewed once where she said she would be dragged into old age kicking and screaming, and if it could be pumped, nipped, tucked or whatever she would do it!
She has a famous line she likes to repeat... "It cost a lot to look this cheap!"

She does support the rainbow culture but seems to avoid politics.

Years ago My brother musician played in a mini orchestra for her to preform. He ask for a photo and she happily agreed, she grabbed his arm and pulled him into the body part she is very famous for Big Grin and flashed a big smile for the camera.
He said it felt bigger than his wife's butt cheek. He said she was as nice friendly as anyone you could ever meet. He is 6'3" and she is only 5'0". Made for an interesting photo. This was pre digital but I bet he still knows exactly where the print is.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miss Dolly is a class act and is timeless!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
originally posted by cparktd:
"It cost a lot to look this cheap!"

I was watching her on Johnny Carson when she said this, then gave her characteristic giggle.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Wascally Wabbit.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
She knows a lot about show business Wink

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always had a nice rack!

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I understand she has a very unconventional marriage arrangement.

I've heard this too. I think untraditional may be a little better word choice. It works for them. They're still married and as far as we can tell are satisfied w/ their arrangment.

Two more priceless Dolly quotes:

When an audience member asked how long it takes to get her her hair done, Dolly replied, "I don't know. I'm not there when they do it."

and

"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Huh? She's not a blonde? Since when?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Dollywood is about the only amusement park we will take our girls to anymore. I’ve begrudgingly taken them to DisneyWorld and on Disney Cruises which we love but Dollywood is little over an hour away, family friendly, and feels like home. Haven’t had one bad experience there. I will say hide your guns, guns stickers, etc when on the strip from Gatlinburg to Knoxville. They are heavy profiling cars for best chanc to have decent guns n them to steal. Friggin’ FOP sticker. CMon Man!!! They’ll scrap every window to get what they steal.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
She looks good, particularly for 75, but the best part is the playful, cute attitude.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Not my music genre, but I do admire her sense of humor and business acumen.

Liked her acting in "9 to 5" as well. Glad she's hanging in there.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I love Dolly because she gave us the retort that, when someone asks a question in which the obvious answer is ‘no’, you can say “Does Dolly Parton sleep on her stomach?”

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone here remember the Johnny Carson show where Johnny said he knew what Dolly's bra said when she took it off ... answer; Yasser Arafat! I guess you have to be in a certain age group to remember, and I am, lol

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
An American Treasure.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
From a Rooster to a Hen with one shot...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post