July 21, 2021, 01:15 PM
clipper1
Dolly recreates her PlayBoy Outfit from 1978
Old saying:
'When ya got it, flaunt it'.
A national treasure indeed!
July 21, 2021, 02:15 PM
cparktd
She is an amazing woman, gives tons to charity without fanfare.

Do you know about her book club?
It sends every child member a free book once a month from birth to age 5...
...over one million books a month total to children in 5 countries.

Snip:
These high-quality books are chosen by experts in education and publishing and are based on the child's age.

I saw her interviewed once where she said she would be dragged into old age kicking and screaming, and if it could be pumped, nipped, tucked or whatever she would do it!
She has a famous line she likes to repeat... "It cost a lot to look this cheap!"

She does support the rainbow culture but seems to avoid politics.

Years ago My brother musician played in a mini orchestra for her to preform. He ask for a photo and she happily agreed, she grabbed his arm and pulled him into the body part she is very famous for Big Grin and flashed a big smile for the camera.
He said it felt bigger than his wife's butt cheek. He said she was as nice friendly as anyone you could ever meet. He is 6'3" and she is only 5'0". Made for an interesting photo. This was pre digital but I bet he still knows exactly where the print is.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
July 21, 2021, 02:32 PM
GT-40DOC
Miss Dolly is a class act and is timeless!!
July 21, 2021, 02:39 PM
TMats
quote:
originally posted by cparktd:
"It cost a lot to look this cheap!"

I was watching her on Johnny Carson when she said this, then gave her characteristic giggle.

July 21, 2021, 04:16 PM
Texas Bob C.
Wascally Wabbit.
July 21, 2021, 04:34 PM
Woodman
She knows a lot about show business Wink
July 21, 2021, 04:43 PM
Marlin Fan
Always had a nice rack!
July 21, 2021, 07:42 PM
iron chef
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I understand she has a very unconventional marriage arrangement.

I've heard this too. I think untraditional may be a little better word choice. It works for them. They're still married and as far as we can tell are satisfied w/ their arrangment.

Two more priceless Dolly quotes:

When an audience member asked how long it takes to get her her hair done, Dolly replied, "I don't know. I'm not there when they do it."

and

"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde."
July 21, 2021, 09:35 PM
Bassamatic
Huh? She's not a blonde? Since when?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.
July 22, 2021, 12:15 AM
10X-Shooter
Dollywood is about the only amusement park we will take our girls to anymore. I’ve begrudgingly taken them to DisneyWorld and on Disney Cruises which we love but Dollywood is little over an hour away, family friendly, and feels like home. Haven’t had one bad experience there. I will say hide your guns, guns stickers, etc when on the strip from Gatlinburg to Knoxville. They are heavy profiling cars for best chanc to have decent guns n them to steal. Friggin’ FOP sticker. CMon Man!!! They’ll scrap every window to get what they steal.
July 22, 2021, 10:08 AM
pbslinger
She looks good, particularly for 75, but the best part is the playful, cute attitude.
July 22, 2021, 11:03 AM
joel9507
Not my music genre, but I do admire her sense of humor and business acumen.

Liked her acting in "9 to 5" as well. Glad she's hanging in there.
July 22, 2021, 12:29 PM
Copefree
I love Dolly because she gave us the retort that, when someone asks a question in which the obvious answer is ‘no’, you can say “Does Dolly Parton sleep on her stomach?”

July 22, 2021, 03:22 PM
clipper1
Does anyone here remember the Johnny Carson show where Johnny said he knew what Dolly's bra said when she took it off ... answer; Yasser Arafat! I guess you have to be in a certain age group to remember, and I am, lol
July 24, 2021, 09:39 PM
mbinky
An American Treasure.

July 25, 2021, 12:14 PM
cparktd
From a Rooster to a Hen with one shot...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.