SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interested in your thoughts on this shooting. Officer shoots his Sgt outside bar.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interested in your thoughts on this shooting. Officer shoots his Sgt outside bar. Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted
On phone so can't embed.

https://youtu.be/QL3yKPBd7RU

Why would he go to a bar with this man?

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
It seems like this ("grooming") had been going on for a while. I'd think there would be a protocol within the department to deal with the behavior - i.e., a path for the younger officer to report the Sgt's actions. Of course there's always the possibility that a complaint would be ignored by the department, or the younger officer could be in the closet himself and afraid that making a complaint would out him.

Going out drinking with the Sgt seems like a poor decision in the first place, unless maybe you're already inclined to give him what he wants. As for the shooting, there's too much unknown. If there was in fact an unwanted physical assault then maybe a self-defense shooting was justified. Short of that, even drawing his gun seems like a gross over-reaction.

If nothing else, this is another demonstration of why mixing guns and alcohol is a bad idea.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
My thoughts: shooter is gay but still didn't care for the boss in that way. OP presents crucial question imho, why go drinking with him if prior advances were made and refused. Maybe he’s playing hard to get? No pun intended. Self defense shooting seems unjustified to me, but then again I’m not a shitfaced cop with questionable sexual orientation who’s boss is touching me.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post