SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Android help, editing email contacts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Android help, editing email contacts Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
If someone could point me in the right direction, pretty please?

Noticed my email contacts database has plenty of email addresses I don't recognize or have asociated to known people or contacts.
When I start typing a contact name, it offers several options (names) unfamiliar to me. Guessing they might be spam emails that got added to my contact list.

Would like to do a thorough cleanup of that list but i can't locate it. It is not my basic or main Contact database. The one I want has only emails.

Thank you.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12124 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about in Gmail, I believe email fields will autofill with any email address you have ever sent an email to. I'm not sure if there's a way to turn it off.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, bad info.Deleted

Try this one.

https://support.google.com/con...%3DAndroid&hl=en

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Using my Huawei basic - built in email client.
It has no visible Contacts applet or tab.

0-0

Posts: 12124 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Depending on how old it is, you might have issues getting help since Huawei has been kicked off Google Play and are currently working with their own version of Android.

Posts: 4198 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Think this is a plain vanilla Android. Locally it was sold as Mate 9 but I believe in the US it was called differently.
It's a no thrills email client but has no direct contacts management that i can access from the program.
The phone contact program and the email one are not one and the same.

0-0

Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
It's very annoying. I've tried deleted the suggested contacts in my browser based email and syncing but to no avail.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Did you ever figure this out 0-0?

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Gave up for the time being.

Must have a ton of spam emailers logged as contacts.

0-0

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Are you using the Gmail app or one provided by Huawei?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post