SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thief gets dealt with on London Tube...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thief gets dealt with on London Tube... Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Supposedly, there's a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. The problem is the brain damage you incur finding out all the wrong ways to do it in the process of getting your technique down.

I knew a guy who used to headbutt walls and lockers and such. He was not a very sharp fellow, but man, I watched him lose it in a wrestling match in high school and do pretty much what's in the video. It was surprisingly effective. Seems like you gotta really commit and aim it right at the bridge of the nose, though.

The guy in the video did it the right way. I wouldn't be surprised if the other guy's nose was broken and pouring blood.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looked very rugby to me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Jack Reacher !

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I detect some professional training there. Or a veteran of pub brawls

I got $20 says he's been into one or two good bar fights

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
In my mind I heard the sound of a billiards break.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
That sounded like ... ever see a professional clean a head of iceberg lettuce? They thump it on the counter to push the stalk into the head before ripping it off the head? That thump.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Notice the big guys facial expression. Confidence. Sort of bored, blank, just doing a necessary task. Maybe a seasoned door man or a cop. Not so much a brawler but someone experienced and accustomed to taking charge and controlling the situation.

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Nice header for a goal.

That's what I was thinking also...likely a practiced footballer

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
British police are standing by an off-duty officer who was filmed subduing a man suspected of theft, making threats, and carrying a knife on a crowded London Underground train by headbutting him to the floor.

The viral video footage shows a highly agitated man with a foreign accent loudly remonstrating with a tall white male — later revealed to be an off-duty police officer — thrusting his head towards him aggressively and appearing to jostle with him.

The officer brings the confrontation to a decisive end by delivering a resounding headbutt to the shouting man’s face, to cries of “Ooh!” following by approving laughter from onlooking passengers.

Despite often being accused of throwing frontline officers under the bus when they have to use force to subdue suspected criminals, it seems that senior police are on this occasion standing by their man, with the Metropolitan Police Force telling the Metro that they were “aware of social media footage showing an off-duty Met officer on a mainline train on the afternoon… [it] is a limited capture of the incident, which is believed to have lasted in excess of 20 minutes.”

The force added that its “Directorate of Professional Standards [has] reviewed the video and the details surrounding the incident and are satisfied that there is no indication that the officer committed a criminal offence, nor that he behaved in a manner that would justify disciplinary proceedings.”

British Transport Police (BTP) have also defended the officer via their official Twitter account, telling one of the few respondents who did not approve of the officer’s use of force — a user with “#RevokeA50” and a European Union flag in their handle — that the suspected criminal “had been making violent threats to passengers and was in the process of being detained when he was headbutted,” and was subsequently “arrested at #Upminster for possessing an offensive weapon and theft”.

Reports indicate that the suspect was also arrested for making threats with intent to cause fear of unlawful violence.

https://www.breitbart.com/euro...-london-underground/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Mind the gap! The one that's now spurting blood.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Waving a knife around and uttering threats in a VERY crowded public place would earn him a golden bullet in most of the USA and many other places. In Brazil, where we often see off-duty police officers dropping the BGS where they stood, nobody would have blunk an eye if this POS had met the same end.

I'm ready to bet, without being accused of fomenting any kind of racial hatred, that the dropee might just be of one particular religious persuasion that has an unfortunate habit of acting like this.

Mormon? Nope.

Baptist? Again, nope.

We'll see, but if his name SHOULD be something like Nigel Willams or Thomas Sittingbourne then I'm prepared to eat my keyboard with a sauce of your choice.

Posts: 11327 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Looked very rugby to me.

Having played a bit of rugby...I do recall a habit of head butting.
It’s all about dick measuring.

And yes there is a proper way to win.(hint, The taller you are the better.)

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
How does that not hurt the deliverer of the head butt? I never understood that.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

"No one wins with a headbutt."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then you didn’t play soccer...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:

Slam your forehead (scalp line) in to the nose.
Easy as cake, just don't fuck it up.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Awn the ither hawn, he cudd just be frae Glasgie.

...micht hae been his widden heid!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

Slam your forehead (scalp line) in to the nose.
Easy as cake, just don't fuck it up.

Yep.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
quote:

No, but I've heard that most sport concussions are from heading the ball in soccer.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cassandra:
quote:

No, but I've heard that most sport concussions are from improperly heading the ball in soccer.

FIFY Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post