SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tires for Jeep Wrangler Sport
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tires for Jeep Wrangler Sport Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have GoodYear Duratracs on my Toyota 4Runner and couldn't be happier.

I can't speak to serious off-road use, but I've had them in some moderate mud and some fairly serious snow.

They handle well on dry pavement. Obviously a 4Runner isn't a sports car, but I usually take curves at well over the suggested speed, and I never feel like I'm in danger of loosing control.

They are also surprisingly quiet for such an aggressive tread, even at 75-80 on the highway.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US...es/wrangler-duratrac

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies so far. I hope I am not going to disappoint anyone with the following...

First, thanks to Dreamerx4 and CPD SIG for the suggestions about second hand tires, but ... my past experiences with going around looking at used tires were always just a wild goose chase. I don't have the time or inclination for all that leg work.

I was intrigued with the idea of going to a section width of 235, but I cranked my steering wheel all the way to the right and crawled under the front bumper and was shocked at how closed the current 225s are to contacting the steering components. So I'm really reluctant to go to a wider tire. I don't want to buy new wheels or install a lift kit.

Having said all that, I am reading each response with great interest. I will go to BFG's website and see what they offer in the size I want. Ditto for Falken.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I bought a used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in 2015.
The dealer provided the original owners contact information, as I wouldn't buy the vehicle without speaking with the original owner.

I was a bit skeptical of the claim that the tires on the Jeep had been installed when the vehicle was built at the factory. The Jeep had 60k miles when I bought it. I replaced the tires at 80k miles.

I replaced the tires with what was originally installed.

Now the Jeep has 150k miles, and the tires are getting a bit lacking in tread depth.

But I can easily go another 10k miles.

What Mud & Snow tires go at least 80k miles per set? BF Goodrich KM Mud-Terrain T/A tires.
They are a bit noisy on pavement, but work well off road, and in the rain and snow.
They don't make the KM series any more and they have been replaced with the KM 2 and KM 3 series.

I do have to keep after the tire rotations at about every 5k miles.

For me, there is nothing better for all around use than BF Goodrich KM tires.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1545 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post