SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SigForum Members Map- IT IS BACK!!!! Hopefully.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SigForum Members Map- IT IS BACK!!!! Hopefully. Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I have created a Google Map that anyone with the below link can edit the map. When you open the map, under the search bar is where you can select to drop a pin.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/...8MI4gqM4&usp=sharing

Worked for me! Thanks.

Unfortunately it looks like you have to be logged in with a Google account and then you can click on the "edit" button on menu on left side of the screen and then add a pushpin.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't see a "search field". Do we have to sign into "MyMaps" or something?

OK, I have logged in and can make changes. It is not at all obvious how one adds a pin, though. I seem to have created a "layer" with my name on it, but I don't think that is what is intended.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sign in
Select Edit
Use search bar to select a location.
Tweak with your handle and add city info if so desired.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Worked for me. Dropped a pin right on the exit!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
OK, it seems that I've got a pin now. It only shows my username when clicked (I removed the details). But I still show a named "layer" that I apparently created, with many names in it. Does that mean that I only appear in my own layer? ETA: I now see a layer called "members" and I'm in it, so I guess I'm OK.

Question: what are the "Point #" pins?

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I placed a pin on the original map; I don't have any Google accounts, so I won't be on this one.
I've eliminated all Google from my digital life that I can.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
Flashguy-

Is Las Brisas you?
Yes, it is. I guess you can see the street name on the map, but not the actual address?

I think I know what the "Point #" pins are--they seem to be pins that were created but did not have their names updated by the creator.

flashguy

Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I placed a pin on the original map; I don't have any Google accounts, so I won't be on this one.
I've eliminated all Google from my digital life that I can.

If you'd like other members to know where you are (more or less), without resorting to Google, drop me a line at the email in my profile. I'll be happy to plant it for you. For better or worse, I'm stuck with Google for at least the next 18 months.

That goes for any other member who would like to be represented on the map, but doesn't want to log in to Google.

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I see that AC26 and I are about 7 miles apart.

Motor59, I don't know that deletions are important--my street can be seen from the map if you enlarge it.

I also posted a pin for the TargetMaster Indoor Range and Shop--it's where I've done most of my shooting.

flashguy

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I personally choose to not pin my exact location so I put myself at a non-residential spot in the city.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Same here. I pinned the location in my profile - it's close, but not right on my house...

Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
I personally choose to not pin my exact location so I put myself at a non-residential spot in the city.

I just used my Zip Code, got it close enough.

Posts: 1349 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I decided to move mine to the nearest major street intersection (about 1/4 mile away). Took a bit of experimentation to figure out how to do that, but got it done.

flashguy

posted Hide Post
I added my general area. I also added the local gunshops and ranges I frequent here in RVA

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I added my general area. I also added the local gunshops and ranges I frequent here in RVA

I think it is cool that gun shops and ranges are being added as well.

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Worked for me. Nice! TY for reviving the map.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worked for me! So far I am all alone in the Yoop.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have created a Google Map that anyone with the below link can edit the map. When you open the map, under the search bar is where you can select to drop a pin.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/...8MI4gqM4&usp=sharing

Done it!

Is it worth me waiting in for someone to call round?

Coffee's on.

Posts: 11329 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Cool Beans! One may add their city also.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Got mine added and it looks like I'm living in the parking lot of the Veterinarian clinic....the city is right, so close enough. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2090 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post