SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh’s house has sold.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh’s house has sold. Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
Most of us know he was a very successful self made individual and this is further proof of that. I’m glad that Katheryn will be well taken care of.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/r...155-million-f5e9bd31

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Wow. By the main pic on the article, the place looks gorgeous.

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
From $3.9 million in 1998 to $155 million in 2023. I guess he did OK.

By comparison, I paid 224K for my house in 1996, so about the same time frame, and couldn't even get twice that now.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Great house and location. Probably has some historic value if a nice brass sign proclaimed "Rush Slept Here."

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Some articles speculating it could be a planned tear down for new project. Those numbers boggle my simple mind.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think about insuring the place. In Florida. Eek

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
It should be a museum.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time understanding how that home and property, as beautiful and magnificent has it is, sold for $155 million. That seems completely outrageous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The amount of FU money held by tech billionaires is beyond comprehension.
Larry Ellison bought the entire island of Lanai in Hawaii. Per the article on Rush's house Ellison paid a similar amount for an ultra-high-end property also in Palm Beach. Too much money chasing too few really desirable properties.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
That looks like a really nice house. I can tell of some of the littler buildings in the foreground are part of the estate or no. Seems like they would be since they are small as compared to the other houses that can be seen.

Still, for 155 million I think I'd look elsewhere.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine the yearly property tax on that expensive of a house, especially in Florida.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Think about insuring the place. In Florida. Eek

I remember Rush talking about how expensive it was to insure valuable property in FL and basically said that he selfed insured the property and that his break even point was something ridiculous like only 7 years. He said that many of the super wealthy do the same thing…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Nice digs, but I could put 155 million to much better use...even if I had FU money.

And if I did buy that place, I'd have to spend another 10-20 million to air condition the entire 2.7 acres. I don't know how you guys live down there.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The estate spans a total of 2.7 acres, and has three homes: a main 16,600-square-foot mansion, a 2,900-square-foot house, and a 2,200-square-foot house. The homes have a combined 13 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.

Over 7,000 per SQ ft? They must have thrown in the patio furniture Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I’d be curious what was there when he bought it in 1998 for $3.9 million. It could have been an empty lot.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post