SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Bobby Plager
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Bobby Plager Login/Join 
posted
Former St. Louis Blues player Bobby Plager died today in a car accident in St. Louis. https://www.kmov.com/ I was traveling the opposite direction on the highway a very few minutes after the accident; emergency vehicles present but traffic only beginning to back up. A couple of hours later it was backed up for miles. Didn't know at the time who was involved, of course. Saw headlines when I got home.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad. He had a restaurant a block away from where I work downtown and he was always in there holding court.

RIP

Posts: 3929 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
RIP

I remember watching him and his brothers (Barclay & Bill) play.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, sad news. I lived in St. Louis most of life, til moving to Florida a few years back. Thanks for sharing.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Really sad news.

Reports today from the St. Louis County ME’s office indicate that Bob Plager had a cardiac event while driving that likely caused the accident in which he died.

When a team wins the Stanley Cup, every player and team staff member is given a day with the Cup during the summer off-season. After the Blues won it in 2019 for the first time in team history, long-retired Bob Plager finally got his day with the Stanley Cup three months later in September.

The first thing Bob did with the Cup was to put it in his car and lead a group of vehicles with his daughter, his grandchildren, Barclay's wife Helen, and their children and grandchildren to Bellerive Heritage Gardens cemetery in suburban St. Louis. He parked a few yards away from the grave of his older Barclay, who was the backbone and spirit of the Blues for years and died way too young of a brain tumor in 1988 at age 46.

Blues General Manager Doug Armstrong helped Bob carry the Stanley Cup to Barclay’s spot. Together, the family held a toast to Barclay and each sipped champagne from the Stanley Cup.

Bob then got some “alone time” with Barclay. He sat there for a while and talked with Barclay about how he had stood on the ice at Boston’s TD Garden after the game with the players and their families, smiling from ear to ear as the players took their turn hoisting the Stanley Cup over their heads...and then suddenly the Stanley Cup was passed into HIS hands. He stood there and smiled and laughed and cried all at once. Oh, and the Stanley Cup ring the team was going to give him!

Now Bob joins Barclay and their younger brother Bill, who spent parts of four seasons with the Blues. Rest in peace, Number Five.

Posts: 4503 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
The Blues had a nice tribute & Charles Glenn returned to sing the National Anthem.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post