SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is You Tube "Overlapping" Images?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is You Tube "Overlapping" Images? Login/Join 
Picture of jtedescucci
posted
First off: Let me apologize in advance for any Forum rules that I may be breaking. IF I am breaking any, it is my hope that the administrators will intervene & caution me to QUIT IT! - and not to do it again. And I will comply.

Second; I must state that I am NOT the most aware, the best informed, nor the least naive. It follows, therefore that what I think I am now seeing MAY have been going on for some time - without my recognizing it.

And lastly -> I am a great fan of You Tube, having enjoyed certain of their videos for a number of years. For instance, I am especially fond of the WWII "history" videos, the "Hickok 45" videos, and most of all of the videos dealing with the very early years of Our Country - before The Revolution, during The Revolution, and after it. And I admit openly that I don't pay to watch these videos; I just put up with all those annoying commercials.

But lately I have noticed that when I access a video about ANY of Trump's latest escapades (or other "touchy" political subjects), there appears a "screen shot" (is that the right word?) - a full-sized "still" photo (usually of Trump in an unflattering pose) that "blocks" a video in progress behind it. These is just enough of a border around the still photo to let one see that there is activity going on in the background.

So my questions are these: Has anyone else noticed what I have described? Do you think that still photos are being "pasted" over the top of videos? Is it within the capability of You Tube to do such? Would You Tube "tinker" with the videos in this way?...And, if so, Why?.... And finally, is the "conspiracy theory" side of me just running wild??...

If you too have noticed this, would you please share your thoughts and observations with me? Now I'm not losing sleep over this, but I WOULD APPRECIATE thoughts and observations from reasonable, level-headed people like those on this forum. My THANKS in advance........... FredT

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I believe it is done by the YT channel owner to get around copyright issues (strikes against the channel).

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43909 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I was watching a YouTube of “45 minutes of MTV from 1982” yesterday and some of the music videos had a big MTV logo over them. So yeah, copyright reasons seems likely.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12441 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
As you might have suspected my thoughts were running in entirely different channels. But "Frayed" and "Monkey", I thank you both for your input - and I thank all others who may be tempted to respond in the future....FredT

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post