SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've created the paint color for my '78 corvette! - Progress photos, original post!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've created the paint color for my '78 corvette! - Progress photos, original post! Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Cockatoo dust!

It's Galaxy Silver with Starlight sparkles.

It's AMAZING in the sun. And subdued at night until light strikes it!

My phone camera doesn't do this justice!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ScreamingCockatoo,

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39762 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Nice that should pop in the sunlight! You will have to share photos of your vette when it’s done.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4840 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
That should look very nice.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I like a good metallic silver and that looks like an amazing one

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
K now create a dark blue version for a mako shark blend.

Posts: 17896 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Great selection.

Posts: 53195 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Now a white leisure suit and its Saturday Night Fever with a dash of Corvette Summer, those were the days.

Posts: 3574 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Is that the Anniversary edition, the two tone silver one?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks pretty close to my Challengers Billet Silver.

Posts: 3925 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've always liked a good metallic paint job. My '88 Corvette is in Dark Red Metallic.

I can't wait to see pictures when it is done.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Is that the Anniversary edition, the two tone silver one?

Yep!

Posts: 39762 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
That looks pretty close to my Challengers Billet Silver.

Yes, similar but with a ridiculous amount of sparkle!

And oh yeah, there'll be photos of the progress!

posted Hide Post
That’s what a ‘79 Bette should look like! Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I saw that on your Instagram and LOVED it!
Great color!

Posts: 5029 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
"All Corvettes are red, the rest are mistakes.” Attributed to John Heinricy, the leader of Corvette development group of test drivers at a meeting on paint quality and choices of color for the new C5 Corvette.

...But I do like your invention.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4232 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That's gonna look great. Can't wait to see it after the paint job. Smile

Posts: 17161 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Love it, Silver was the color of my 82 C3, that should look awesome

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
That's a great color selection!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8361 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's Galaxy Silver with Starlight sparkles.

It's AMAZING in the sun. And subdued at night until light strikes it!

That's a great color.

Are you going to combine that with black and red pinstripes for the pace car paint job?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24130 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post