SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looks like Awaken with JP has realized his anti gun video was wrong.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Awaken with JP has realized his anti gun video was wrong. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
Always liked his channel. But he had an anti gun video that turned me off a few years ago. Well he’s really awakened now. Apart from his Black Rifle Coffee sponsor anyhow.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw JP at an improve a few years back. He's pretty much on the right now compared to then. I have always found his dry sarcasm funny.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show (replacement for Rush Limbaugh on the EIB) is sponsored by BRC as well. Kinda' Disheartening...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont know anything about him but question his flip. Seems his videos have many product placements. Did he realize there is more money to be made with a different audience.

Posts: 5466 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
I dont know anything about him but question his flip. Seems his videos have many product placements. Did he realize there is more money to be made with a different audience.

No. He's been becoming more and more conservative over the past few years. Usually calling out woke stuff. The video that made him a YouTube star was this one and it's hilarious...

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
He's moving in a decent direction. I'll take all the yards we can get.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's great, and I mean it, but he's wearing a Back Rifle Coffee Co t-shirt, and they are NOT supporters of the Constitution and they are NOT the friends of American gun owners. What they are, is a bunch of posturing phonies who think they are God's gift to gun owners.

Somebody needs to tell him, because it's clear he's new to gun ownership and the conceited phonies who show up from time to time.

BRCC is a shit company run by shit people who would say or do anything to make a buck. Mad

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Or sponsor a 'buck'...Buck Sexton that is! Frown

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the things that annoy me about BRCC is how they overplay the "we hire Veterans" card. I think its great that Veterans have job opportunities - but do you really think they are incapable of finding gainful employment on their own?

You hire Veterans because you believe they have the type of discipline, focus and commitment to make your company successful. You are not hiring them because they need a favor.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I can't afford their coffee anyway - 14.99 for 12oz is 19.99 a pound. Starbucks at the grocery store is cheaper, 8.99 a 18oz bag making it 7.99 a pound.

How much of BRCC's business is product placement on forums? Cause you can buy double the Starbucks and still save $4.

and I don't drink Starbucks cause they are sure as heck woke. We just happen to get a lot of it for Xmas as the boys former girlfriend worked there. If we could get the supply lines opened up I'd rather have Best Choice Columbian, about $4.50 a pound.

Even cheap swill drinkers have their standards.

As for youtubers and their views, I don't watch any of them. If I want to know about a gun I read reviews, I might watch Hickok45, but mostly to see him load handle and shoot it. Sound off most the time.

Video is a massive waste of time when a simple paragraph of concisely worded prose tells you all you need to know. A video saying that would take longer to hear than read. I can surf a half dozen news sources in half an hour and learn ten times as much as the 6:00 Biden Broadcasting System delivers.

Forums - print communications - are for the learned, video is for the masses. It should be no wonder that forums have declined in an era of 288 character snark, even the SAT's have been dumbed down over the last 30 years just to get enrollment up.

You won't hear that on the 6:00 or a youtube.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
One of the things that annoy me about BRCC is how they overplay the "we hire Veterans" card. I think its great that Veterans have job opportunities - but do you really think they are incapable of finding gainful employment on their own?

Since, as usual in these discussions, we’re veering off into whether the coffee is any good, I’ll express my opinion about the “helpless veteran.” The idea that veterans were somehow damaged by their military experiences became much more of a thing during and after the Vietnam War, and has annoyed me ever since. As Lewis Sorley pointed out in his book A Better War, “It was obviously in the interest of those who opposed the [Vietnam] war, and those who evaded it, to portray those who served in the worst possible light.” B. G. Burkett also discussed the efforts to promote the notion in his book Stolen Valor.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
He’s funny as hell and man enough to admit he was wrong after correcting his ignorance.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If utube videos have an impact with certain populations, this is one that should get out there.

Of all the crap that is “out there”, this is rational/persuasive in the right direction.

Posts: 2161 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good for him for seeing the light.

I used to be a big fan of JP when he made a video every week or two. However, in the early days of COVID he started putting out videos nearly every day and they were more or less the same thing. He became unwatchable. It's happened to a lot of social media personalities where 20% of their subscribers used to watch the video in the first 24 hours, but then they put out so much crap that it goes down to 1 or 2% of subscribers watching the video in the first 24 hours.

Has he gotten back to his old self recently?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've no doubt that there are many people who were ignorantly smug about gun ownership, who, after seeing what is happening in this country for the past couple of years, are now less assured of their previous stance on the subject.

When abstractions become reality, thinking people throw away much of their cocktail party conversation bullshit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He doesn't have it quite right, though he is headed in generally the right direction.

Point is where he says the Second Amendment to the Constitution grants us the right to bear arms. I think a lot of people believe this. That is not correct.

The Second Amendment disallows anyone from making a rule/law that violates the right to bear arms WHICH THE FOUNDERS ASSUMED YOU ALFREADY HAVE. That right is inherent to all individuals, and if you have to say someone granted that right, then the Founders would say it was God.

This may seem like a nuance bordering on being pedantic, but the important takeaway is that even if the 2nd Amendment was done away with, at least per the way that amendment was written, you still have a right to bear arms.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 878 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I get the impression the pandemic, and how these tyrants in government all the way from local to federal have (mis)handled it has a lot to do with this guy’s turn toward conservatism.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I get the impression the pandemic, and how these tyrants in government all the way from local to federal have (mis)handled it has a lot to do with this guy’s turn toward conservatism.

I agree. Most of his recent videos have been on the pandemic tyranny.

These go to eleven.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
That right is inherent to all individuals ....

I agree absolutely and have said so more than once. As more than one ancient commentator recognized, “The right of self defence is the first law of nature,” (that one from St. George Tucker in 1803). And what is a “right” without the means to exercise it?

What is freedom of religion without whatever means are necessary to observe and practice it as one wishes? I.e., the right to possess one’s holy scriptures, the right to meet with fellow believers, and the right to seek guidance from educated clergy?
What is freedom of the press if printing presses, typewriters, and computer printers are banned?
What is freedom of speech if expressing our opinions via the Internet is illegal?
What is the right of self-defense if we are prohibited from owning and bearing the means of effectively exercising that right if necessary? Self-defense isn’t running and hiding or calling for someone else to come and defend us, it’s our individual and personal right to use legitimate force as necessary to protect ourselves from illegal force. In this day and age, being able to use effective force for self-defense means having personal firearms.

The Second Amendment specifically mentions the “militia” because the right to form and maintain collective military forces wasn’t (AFAIK) enshrined in the (English) common law that was the basis for the Constitution and the other laws and statutes in the United States at the time. The authors of the Constitution wanted to make it clear that even without the precedents, it was still a right that they wanted the collective people to have.

The right of individual self-defense was, however, a part of the common law, and yes, the laws of nature without having to be spelled out in a document that was intended to be binding on the conduct of the Federal government. Unfortunately, most (far too many, anyway) gun owners don’t understand that fact and believe their right to keep and bear arms is dependent on part of a document that could be changed as have other Amendments and provisions of the Constitution.

All this cannot be emphasized too often or too strongly.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Happy to see a grown man in this day and a YouTuber at that, have the fortitude to admit he was wrong. Especially when the previously wrong party becomes pro 2A as part of their reflection. As for JP’s relationship with bitch retard commie coffee, hopefully he will figure them out as phonies soon enough.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post