SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Novel death penalty method used tonight…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Novel death penalty method used tonight… Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
Irregardless of your opinion on the death penalty, a new method was employed tonight here in Alabama.

Nitrogen Hypoxia.

Interesting case in that the creep survived his first execution by lethal injection. Not so interesting to his victim’s family or other concerned citizens, however. There’s been lots of hand wringing, wrangling and appeals but tonight the procedure was at long last administered.

Kenneth Eugene Smith is no more.

https://www.al.com/news/birmin...gen-gas-tonight.html

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Basically, he was choked to death. Excellent!

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
No remorse at with his end in sight.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1559 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This cause of death is a concern in certain industrial workplaces where it's happened enough that the outcome was well known.
About 78% of the air we breathe is nitrogen so this isn't the poison gas that the liberals tried to claim. Just no oxygen included like in normal air.
The person simply goes unconscious and then the rest of the body shuts down within minutes due to the lack of oxygen. This isn't like being strangled or choked or having your airway restricted in any way.
Not that this guy wouldn't have deserved that.
The fact this is cheap, simple to administer and pain free is the real reason the liberals hate it so much.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Hooray for Nitrogen. It not only kills Kenneth Eugene Smith, it makes my beer silky smooth from the tap. Here's to you Kenneth, I mean, Nitrogen.

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
About 78% of the air we breathe is nitrogen so this isn't the poison gas that the liberals tried to claim. Just no oxygen included like in normal air.
The person simply goes unconscious and then the rest of the body shuts down within minutes due to the lack of oxygen. This isn't like being strangled or choked or having your airway restricted in any way.

Can we leave the facts out of this? We're supposed to be outraged w/ feelings and stuff.

Posts: 7358 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm actually shocked we didn't employ this method sooner. It seems like a no brainer.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prison where they whacked him in Atmore is just up the road from me. So this was on the news last few nights. A weird case to start the husband who was a pastor and a dirtbag himself killed himself by gunshot to head when the they figured out it was murder for hire. Then this POS 35+ years later finally gets his. And this is after they botched an attempt to kill him with lethal injection. Strangely I kinda find sympathy with the cruel and unusual punishment argument. How many bites at the apple does the state get ? Apparently 2 in this case. Not saying he shouldn’t have been executed. He stabbed this lady many times.
What was wrong with a .45 to the melon 10 minutes after his 1st appeal 30 years ago ?

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
35 years or so in prison. Regardless of method used to off him, justice delayed is justice denied.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I'm actually shocked we didn't employ this method sooner. It seems like a no brainer.

Well, actually, you can thank the condemned. It was his idea … until it wasn’t.

It’s a sad case. I remember it when it happened. In 1988, the victim’s husband, a pastor, who was allegedly deep in debt, paid two dudes $1,000 each to kill his wife so he could get insurance money. He caved pretty quickly when investigators got suspicious of him possibly being involved. He promptly confessed to family members of the scheme and then went off and killed himself.

The two dudes were caught quickly. One was executed in 2010. The other, our recently departed, was executed tonight, in 2023.

The poor kids and family. Lost both parents and then had to endure a lifetime of delayed criminal justice for their mom.

The ghoul in me wonders if the wiggling and writhing was all for show (pre-gas administration) so he could place the ALDOC and Governor in a bad light in his one last bid at protest over his death sentence.

As I’ve read up on this a curious bit, I’ve learned that Nitrogen Hypoxia is a method used in some countries that allow doctor assisted-suicide.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
Was just reading this on local news and noticed something about their protocol..

"Protocol
What will happen during the execution is that Smith will be strapped to a gurney in Alabama’s execution chamber, according to protocol that was released by prison officials and was obtained by the Times. A man will then be placed on Smith’s head and nitrogen will be released into he mask. He will then be deprived of oxygen."

Link

A man will then be placed on Smith's head? LOL

DEATH BY TACO BELL!!!

Yes, I know it is a typo...

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All this bullshit is because of obsession with the integrity of the corpus. Gotta keep the dead guy in one piece, right? Roll Eyes

The state wants humane, instantaneous death? Fine. Strap the condemned onto a table and sedate them as if they were going into surgery. Flip the table over so that the condemned is face down. Place a slug-loaded 12 gauge shotgun to the back of their head. POW!

But, oh, we have brains and blood and bits of bone and various tissues to clean up, and when we place this person (who we deemed was not fit to live) in their coffin, they won't be whole! They won't be whole, my God!

As if it fucking matters. Forget that they went to sleep and then they were gone. No, that's not important. What's important is to keep the body intact. Jackasses.

OK, you have to keep them whole? People who die accidentally of carbon monoxide poisoning from faulty heaters and the like. They lay down for a night's sleep and they never wake up. Hello?? McFly?? Damn!! Roll Eyes

I am confounded by the nonsense we put ourselves through for executions, keeping people we've deemed not worthy of existing, alive for decades!! And then, we go through all this stupid-ass rigamarole, costing the state money and time and end up getting it wrong. Snapping a person's neck at the end of a rope? Not humane (they say), so what did we do? We plugged those poor sons o' bitches into a light socket! Research the matter- it is a horrible way to die. The gas chamber? Better, but they're conscious when you kill them. Come on. Lethal injection? Better still, but it seems to take while.

Put them under deep sedation and separate their brains from their body with one shot. Problem solved. They would feel NOTHING.

Fuckin' idiots.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
35 years or so in prison. Regardless of method used to off him, justice delayed is justice denied.

We've had a guy in the state pen for 41 years. Killed a couple of Indian kids back in '82. Pleaded guilty to it and asked for the death penalty. Then...he changed his mind. He's been appealing it ever since.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"...Put them under deep sedation and separate their brains from their body with one shot. Problem solved. They would feel NOTHING.
..."

It's just this simple.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The guy was an animal who killed someone for $1000. Shouldn't have taken 30 years to put him down.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"...Put them under deep sedation and separate their brains from their body with one shot. Problem solved. They would feel NOTHING.
..."

It's just this simple.

I'd go further by eliminating the first step. One .50 BMG would ensure the outcome.

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
All this bullshit is because of obsession with the integrity of the corpus. Gotta keep the dead guy in one piece, right? Roll Eyes

The state wants humane, instantaneous death? Fine. Strap the condemned onto a table and sedate them as if they were going into surgery. Flip the table over so that the condemned is face down. Place a slug-loaded 12 gauge shotgun to the back of their head. POW!

But, oh, we have brains and blood and bits of bone and various tissues to clean up, and when we place this person (who we deemed was not fit to live) in their coffin, they won't be whole! They won't be whole, my God!

As if it fucking matters. Forget that they went to sleep and then they were gone. No, that's not important. What's important is to keep the body intact. Jackasses.

OK, you have to keep them whole? People who die accidentally of carbon monoxide poisoning from faulty heaters and the like. They lay down for a night's sleep and they never wake up. Hello?? McFly?? Damn!! Roll Eyes

I am confounded by the nonsense we put ourselves through for executions, keeping people we've deemed not worthy of existing, alive for decades!! And then, we go through all this stupid-ass rigamarole, costing the state money and time and end up getting it wrong. Snapping a person's neck at the end of a rope? Not humane (they say), so what did we do? We plugged those poor sons o' bitches into a light socket! Research the matter- it is a horrible way to die. The gas chamber? Better, but they're conscious when you kill them. Come on. Lethal injection? Better still, but it seems to take while.

Put them under deep sedation and separate their brains from their body with one shot. Problem solved. They would feel NOTHING.

Fuckin' idiots.

well, as much as I like this, the keep it whole thing may be an issue since that slug will do its thing,

so, as an alternative, since the undertaker will likely embalm the body anyway,,

just roll the gurney in the room, place him on that stainless table, sedated if you want, and bleed him out,

done, nice and neat

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Since they had to do it twice, did they give this dirt bag a second "Last Meal" request? Mad

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:...
I'd go further by eliminating the first step. One .50 BMG would ensure the outcome.

Bottom line, put all appeals on the fast track. Then expedite the process as clean and quick as possible.

I have no desire to see anyone suffer, be drawn out, etc.
It's not about anything but just getting them off the planet.

So, I am not about any specific means to achieve the goal.

I only want the system to be quick after finding someone guilty and sentenced to death.

Tying that outcome up in decades of appeal and such, serves no good for anyone in society.

(I realize there is many facets to this discussion, but I could sit face to face and provide logic to anyone on any argument against the position)

quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Since they had to do it twice, did they give this dirt bag a second "Last Meal" request? Mad

Nope, he gets leftovers...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
What was wrong with a .45 to the melon 10 minutes after his 1st appeal 30 years ago ?

Yep. Swift justice.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post