SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there a song that takes you back or brings up a memory, either good or bad?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a song that takes you back or brings up a memory, either good or bad? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
“Afternoon Delight”.....

Oh yes, that song takes me back to late '70's and a 30 year old divorce named Cathy. She couldn't get enough. That Woman damn near killed me.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt42-KO4p3M

Fall 1969. 17 y/o, 64 Mercury convertible. Dating my first serious girlfriend, this playing on the radio.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8121 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best “I’m not putting up with this crap any more” song ever. I listened to it over and over (and bawled.) Jo-El Sonnier’s “No More One More Time”

Also question-what am I doing wrong when I copy the Youtube link and paste as URL that it doesn’t display anything but the link?

https://youtu.be/5gJ6zJFZ97o

Posts: 402 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MelissaDallas:
Also question-what am I doing wrong when I copy the Youtube link and paste as URL that it doesn’t display anything but the link?
You have to do the thing: https://imaginekitty.com/tubinator.php

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mark123!

Posts: 402 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Just out of college, single, first job, great co-workers, still doing things with my college friends, no cares. Hearing this song even now takes me back to those days and makes me smile.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3456 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Whole bunch of songs take me back to high school days in the 70"s, girls, skipping school and drag racing. But, when I hear any of the songs from the Beach Boys Endless Summer album it takes me back to my junior year in HS, cruising the main street of our town in a 1963 Impala SS with Carol sitting as close to me as she could. 8 Track of course.

Jeez I miss the innocence of those days.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of these Nights by the Eagles. Takes me right back to 75 after graduation. Had a 70 Dodge Challenger with Mind Blower amplified speakers. Me and my best friend played it at least once a night that summer at full volume while hitting 100mph at the same time.

What a summer that was!!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proud Mary by CCR. My dad used to sing this while strumming his acoustic when I was a young boy and I can still remember exactly how it sounded. I think about him every time I hear that song.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Starbuck- moonlight feels right. A very special gal that I let get away..

Posts: 13818 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yeah, one of my friends had a ‘62 Bel Air bubble top with an 8 track tape deck. I remember this song in particular because there’s a point, only about a minute-and-a-half into the song where Jimmy Page is messing around with a violin bow (and feedback, and a pick edge…), Bonham is just lightly touching a ride cymbal and keeping time with a high hat, Plant is just being Plant. The sound starts going from R to L channel and front to back, actually revolving around the car. It’s pretty much a relief when Bonham re-enters the song with machine gun rim shots and Page’s lead riff. Like it was yesterday.

Posts: 13299 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, and this one. Nuff said…

Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
One of these Nights by the Eagles. Takes me right back to 75 after graduation. Had a 70 Dodge Challenger with Mind Blower amplified speakers. Me and my best friend played it at least once a night that summer at full volume while hitting 100mph at the same time.

What a summer that was!!!

We bought the Mind Blower speakers in the seventies when they first came out. The first cassette we bought was Van Halen’s first album. Had a 69 GTO and we cruised all night cranking the speakers.
I miss those day’s.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I'll follow the sun...a melancholy Beatles ballad. I had never heard it,
when in 1978 we discovered the sheet music on my buddies
piano, during his clan's wake.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
From the time I spent with a really nice gal right after my first marriage ended.

Fond memories.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Infantry Scout in Vietnam, 1965-1967. Nancy Sinatra... Boots (These boots were made for walking). We did, for days and weeks at a time, jungle and rubber plantations and rice paddy.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Back in the 1970s, very little of the music I preferred ever made it onto the radio air waves. But, Frank Marino & Mahoghany Rush's Live album was my favorite.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10711 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Have you ever seen the rain.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
More than any other song, The Voice by The Moody Blues takes me instantly back to a particular moment in time. When I hear this song, I am teleported back to a fraternity party one evening in 1981. It's as though I can still feel the autumn breeze through the open windows and smell the various odors associated with that old, ramshackle house.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hjs157,

Posts: 3509 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unchained Melodies by the Righteous Brothers.....actually it was Bobby Hatfield only. Oh, such memories!!

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post