SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you folks use for smaller scale (2 people) grilling and smoking?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you folks use for smaller scale (2 people) grilling and smoking? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Mine is older, and the gaskets are not in the best shape, I imagine. It seems like the bottom damper doesn't close effectively.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I bought a Smokey Joe and replaced the crappy wire grate it came with it with a proper cast iron grate from Craycort. The grill was about $45 and the grate about the same. For less than a hundred bucks it’s perfect for my needs.

Posts: 6957 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Medium BGE. 15 inches in diameter. Small turkey, roasting chicken small pizza, couple of burgers 10 or 15 wings, steak, small roast, half brisket, ribs done in a rib rack, perfect for two.

Totally agree. Even a large would work; you have room for baking a pizza.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17308 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have a Large and a MiniMax Big Green Egg, I use the large about ten times more than the Minimax and there are 2 adults and a 3 year old here. I love how fast the Minimax can heat up and get going but that grate is tiny. If you aren't cooking for family members much and it is really only going to be 2 of you most the time I would get a medium Big Green Egg or a medium Kamado Joe (Costco roadshow)

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post