SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm at a loss for words... Buffalo leeches... (NFTSAU)

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I'm at a loss for words... Buffalo leeches... (NFTSAU) Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Not For The Squeamish Among Us (NFTSAU)

When I was in the ICU my hands and feet swelled up huge. I could barely close my fingers. One day the cardiologist was in checking on my progress and I asked him:

"About my swollen hands and feet, is this an opportunity to use medicinal leeches?"

He looked poleaxed. It took about 30 seconds to process my statement, but when he finally replied, it was an explanation of why leeches were not an appropriate treatment modality. He did, however, think it one of the best questions from a patient ever.

I see him next Wednesday. I plan to show him this video with the observation "I think if we'd hooked up some of these beauties, the swelling would have gone down like a chocolate and dill pickle milkshake slurped down by a second trimester pregnant woman."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Death no longer seems frightening for some reason.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We used to get them on us in the local creek, but they were only an inch or two long. Always was intrigued by them and would watch them feed until they were done. Yep, I am a sick puppy.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Nuke this from space. Its the only way to be sure. Eek

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post