SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    6 customers draw guns on men trying to steal tools from Washington store
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 customers draw guns on men trying to steal tools from Washington store Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
+1
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Nope.

I'm not chasing and pointing a gun at anybody stealing anything, especially if it's not mine.

Glad nobody got hurt. That would have been a mess.
The perps will probably not get a day in jail, too.

Bruce

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Found out from another article the samaritans left before the cops arrived (good call if you ask me...).

Of course the Chief is asking them to come forward and provide “statements”.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The orientation of the car, the phase of the moon, boxers or tighty whites on the suspect, and lunch preference doesn't amount to a hill of beans on whether it was a good shoot or not. It's sort of like going up to the biggest guy in the room, hitting him in the nose, getting your behind stomped, and then trying to claim you are the innocent victim.

Having met you a while back makes me enjoy your posts even more than I did prior to meeting you. I can easily picture you saying this, and I can't help snickering a little extra about it. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can't help reading Jones' posts and hearing his voice. *Snicker*

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Lots of people are sick and tired of the crime committed by our growing tweaker and doper populations. The police do little to nothing to control the issue. The greater Seattle area is the perfect breeding ground for vigilantism.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Lots of people are sick and tired of the crime committed by our growing tweaker and doper populations. The police do little to nothing to control the issue. The greater Seattle area is the perfect breeding ground for vigilantism.

My view is it not so much the police doing little to nothing, it is the elected officials putting limitations on them every time they turnaround and revolving door courts.

No pursuit policies, anything more than a coarse tone of voice requires “use of force” reporting, unrealistic requirements before charges are filed by prosecutors, citizen “oversight” by citizens who are anti-police to start with and have no understanding of the work.

Unfortunately it is the cop on the street who becomes the target of the angst when he/she have little say in these thing and must comply with the directives above.

I agree the mentality and atmosphere in this area is ripe for vigilantism, unfortunately it would be a very small percent of the citizenry that would understand why it happened and still side with the homeless, addicts, criminals, illegals, and others.

They are blind to the nose on their face and fully believe that higher minimum wages, more welfare, fewer individual rights, “equality”, and such will solve the problems and that the continuing problems simply “prove” that we have not yet gone far enough down their fantasy of how the world “should” be.

And to one of Jerry’s other replies, unfortunately we don’t have the option to vote for hanging judges or prosecutors with balls and a sense of justice. My experience over 45 years in the area is that the “process” and the “system” is primary concern.

It’s function, outcome, and impact on actual crime is secondary to keeping the people involved gainfully employed, empowered, and in control.

It’s failure is continuing leverage for the call for more taxes, levies, and infringements on liberty.

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no opinion, but now I really, really want a
Snickers.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Yeah, I can't help reading Jones' posts and hearing his voice. *Snicker*

Bruce

Razz

I wish I could remember who said it, but someone here said that these days I'm less like Raylan Givens, and more like Art Mullens. Big Grin Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This thread has been sanitized for your protection

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

via Imgflip Meme Generator

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

posted Hide Post
Keep it simple- GREAT OUTCOME! I too am fed up with these stealing shits.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Oh my. There is a special kind of stupid going on in this thread...

What you are missing Jerry is that sometimes you just have to do the right thing. Good men step up regardless of the law or consequences or common sense or rational thought or triple digit IQ.

Sometimes you gotsta take a stand and defend civilization.

Then you'd better be prepared for the possible outcome. Four counts of Assault in the First Degree (two people in car, two shots four counts). Each with a firearm sentencing enhancement of 60 months flat time. Looking at something like twenty years in prison. And it can happen because I've seen it. All because you took a stand. If that's a price you are willing to pay because you took a stand over $400 in power tools, then that's your choice. I know mine.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1952 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Oh my. There is a special kind of stupid going on in this thread...

What you are missing Jerry is that sometimes you just have to do the right thing. Good men step up regardless of the law or consequences or common sense or rational thought or triple digit IQ.

Sometimes you gotsta take a stand and defend civilization.

Then you'd better be prepared for the possible outcome. Four counts of Assault in the First Degree (two people in car, two shots four counts). Each with a firearm sentencing enhancement of 60 months flat time. Looking at something like twenty years in prison. And it can happen because I've seen it. All because you took a stand. If that's a price you are willing to pay because you took a stand over $400 in power tools, then that's your choice. I know mine.

I do believe the Nine Eleven Boss had a mix of good ole fashion sarcasm in his postings......

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do believe the Nine Eleven Boss had a mix of good ole fashion sarcasm in his postings......

Cool Cool Cool

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Jones on the line: eyes and ears, eyes and ears...

The first thing we're going to do is acknowledge that this guy is awesome. I mean, first thing he does is shoot Theo Tonin, fakes his own death...

Does everyone understand the course of fire?

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:
The driver of the car has been able to post $10,000 bail. If he has to steal to support a drug habit, how does he afford to post bail?

https://www.heraldnet.com/news...-surrounded-by-guns/

The two men planned to pawn the stolen goods to feed drug addictions, according to their interviews with police. The driver also needed to make a payment on his newly purchased Honda. He has posted $10,000 bond. Charges haven’t been filed against him.

The passenger was still in the Snohomish County Jail on Friday, with bail set at $15,000. He’s charged with second-degree assault. Both men told officers they were addicted to fentanyl pills that look like Percocet.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by preten2b:
I am glad miscreants were busted, and yet have questions.

How did 6 (not 2, or 3) customers who carry all hear of the theft, saw cause to intervene, and decide to work together? Must be more to the story.

My guess is this is one of those type of stores that's the local hang out, where all of the owners buddies come for coffee and BS every morning type of place......I'm guessing that's why there were so many armed customers and they all acted, to them it was personal (since they knew the owner).

As for the guy posting bail, easy. One of his great enablers posted bail for him.....mommy etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
could have been a swarm

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The store needs to make it a little more difficult to walk out with $1600 worth of nail guns. Lot of ways to do that.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The store needs to make it a little more difficult to walk out with $1600 worth of nail guns. Lot of ways to do that.

Like having an armed posse out in the parking lot? Big Grin

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post