SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a FFL in Mecklenburg County, NC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a FFL in Mecklenburg County, NC Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
If she doesn't currently have a CCW, she will need to acquire a purchase permit from the Mecklenberg County Sheriff before any FFL will surrender the pistol to her....

I'm sorry what? Mecklenburg County requires you to get a purchase permit. W T F? What is this Chicago? Guess it makes sense, my uber liberal BIL is in Mecklenburg, just loves it. He can go to any number of new restaurants and spend a couple of hundred bucks on dinner anytime he wants.

I hate liberalism, absolutely hate it everything about it.

Not only do you have to get permits. It takes 4-6 months to get said permits. I took me half a year to get my conceal carry and my purchase permits came in the week maybe 2 weeks before that. The permitting shit is actually an old Jim Crow law aimed at keeping Black people from legally buying handguns. They have a "moral character" clause which allows the sheriff to decline your permit for any reason he wants.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
Sorry, I assumed it was out of state. In state you are correct.

Seems my friend doesn't know his chit.

Google maps will show a store close to your family member I would think.

Still wrong. Not federal law but a transfer ffl can stipulate their own criteria. Seems many in NC refuse to accept shipment from a private individual.

I live in the free state of Indiana where we have no nonesense laws like a permit from the sheriff to buy a gun and my ffl will accept shipment from an individual as long as copy of seller's valid drivers license accompanies the firearm.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:

I'm sorry what? Mecklenburg County requires you to get a purchase permit. W T F? What is this Chicago? Guess it makes sense, my uber liberal BIL is in Mecklenburg, just loves it. He can go to any number of new restaurants and spend a couple of hundred bucks on dinner anytime he wants.

I hate liberalism, absolutely hate it everything about it.

NC STATE law requires a pistol purchase permit (not to be confused with a Concealed weapon permit) just to purchase a handgun.

The Sheriff in the county where you reside has to sign off on it and each Sheriff has a little different package...but basically it's like running a NICS check and then saying you can buy a gun....the Sheriff can add extra hoops for you to jump thru too-like having to have three other citizens Affirm or Attest that you are of upstanding morals and virtue....

Yup, it's some BULLSHIT, but we gotta do it to get a gun.. the only way to avoid it is to ALREADY have a CCW or be a sworn LEO...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I'm going to be looking too after a falling out with my current one. Don't go to Bullmoose guns unless you want it to ship 7 days after you dropped it off. Read below

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2160042224

I'm surprised by your experiences, Dusty. Bull Moose has become my go to place for transfers. They've always done right by me. And they are only minutes away from my house, and offer discounted transfers to members of the local shooting forum.

I never had an issue with incoming transfers. I did about 20 in the last 12 months. Shipping is a totally different story. Holding on to a gun for 7+ days before shipping is ludicrous. Telling me to take my business elsewhere because I asked about it is inexcusable.

Sounds like you may be close to the Mint Hill/Matthews area. Or at least don't mind driving out this way.
Try Scott at Tarheel State Firearms. He's in Matthews, and is a great dealer to work with. I purchased my Griffin 22 can they him, and filed the paperwork for my SBR as well. I believe his transfer rates are in line with Bull Moose. I have never shipped anything using him, however.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post