SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spent the day hauling Sod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spent the day hauling Sod Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Front yard needed new Sod, the area under the Oak is problematic for many reasons, Seville is shade tolerant, thats what we use and it's been in short supply recently.

Bought a Pallet plus 33 more pieces, total of 183, hauled from the nursery to the house in my F150. Thursday is new sod day so I drove over and bought a pallet right as it came off the truck.

The HD edition F150 hauls ass but not a lot of weight so 4 trips of 50 pieces max, which breaks up the install process giving my back and arms a break..

One of the Elves loading the Pickup

Finished install, we put some in three weeks ago and they ran short, nursery didn't have any sod for the past two weeks, so we had to wait, that's the difference in color and height.

Last night was Advil and Cigar night in the garage recliner....

Posts: 23485 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to mulch out six feet from the trunk. The roots of the Oak need to breathe in order to thrive. I would leave it for right now.

Posts: 17244 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Parker’s Sod delivers, but it’s good to break up the work. Putting the sod down is the easy part. The prep work is the hard part.

Posts: 10970 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Point at the yard and scream "SOD THE LOT!"

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31454 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post