SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best racecar sound of all time, change my mind:
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best racecar sound of all time, change my mind: Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
What say you tigereye313? ololololololololol

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some American V8's, some Italian V12's, some German flat 6's.

But as far as racing engines go, the sound of 700hp, from a 2.6L engine at 9000 rpms can't be beat. When I think "racecar sound", that 787B is what I hear.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
RaceCAR....maybe, race ENGINE....not even close!

Airplane engines are a completely different, completely awesome topic. Wink

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Not the engine sound, but the biggest balls of everyone, besides the drivers, are those fans at Rally races. I am surprised more are not killed every year. I love the Lancia Stratos Rally cars too.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
When I think for race car sounds, I always remember the first time I watched Grand Prix with my Dad. Even on a shitty b & W TV, that movie left an impression on me. What a great movie.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
What say you tigereye313? ololololololololol

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some American V8's, some Italian V12's, some German flat 6's.

But as far as racing engines go, the sound of 700hp, from a 2.6L engine at 9000 rpms can't be beat. When I think "racecar sound", that 787B is what I hear.

Okay. I understand. My 9k rpm screaming Honda F20C AP1 S2000 engine with Skunk2 racing exhausts (w/o silencers) does that for me too! LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Always wanted an S2K. Nice!

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just confirming. There were no “German flat 6s” posted in this thread.

Posts: 13269 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife is sick of them but I love the sound of a piped I4 Japanese bike (pick your make). Sorry, not a racecar but very fast.

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
For me very few things sound so good as a 900 HP 410 inch SBC sprint car on dirt at night time.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
RaceCAR....maybe, race ENGINE....not even close!

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C6DWBkF7NUI" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Picture 5-6 unlimited hydroplanes lined up for the start of a heat at full throttle with that engine or Rolls Royce Merlins. 12 cyl madness that you felt to the bone. That was the Thunder Boats of the 50's and 60's. Those boats didn't just rattle the body but rattled the soul as well. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

No videos, but someone mentioned 911 GT3 cup cars. Smile

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

Well let’s fix that glaring deficit..

Here is Chris Harris (one of my favorite car reviewers) with a GT3 RS...
https://youtu.be/-hTLk1rU_ZI

And one of the best (and funniest) car videos I’ve ever seen is with former F1 driver Riccardo Patresse and his Italian (smoking hot) wife. Even if you don’t understand Italian this will have you in stitches..

https://youtu.be/tIRkYkUlot4

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6322 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
In the early 2000's a group of us rented a motor-home and went to the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Even after 24 hours, the sound of the Ferraris never got old. Nothing came close.

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I think I can go you one better, smisig. One of my favorite race cars of all time, the 2018 Le Mans class winner, Porsche RSR in the iconic “pink pig” livery.

Ours is far from a race car, but I have to say our 345 HP 4S has a pretty cool exhaust note too. Wink

BTW, Porsche said that car went straight to Goodwood from Le Mans. No washing at all, bug splatter all over it from the 24 hours.

Posts: 13269 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love me some Rotory

Love me some Boxer Rumble

Love me some Big Block Chrysler

Love me some RB26DETT

Nito at night! Up close, wow!

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard a few in my 70+ years. The one I remember most was years ago, a Lamborghini 12 cylinder Miura, going full throttle up a slight grade. Amazing.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I've heard a few in my 70+ years. The one I remember most was years ago, a Lamborghini 12 cylinder Miura, going full throttle up a slight grade. Amazing.

This? https://youtu.be/BR_MP-LkSDg

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I use to have seats in the tri-oval at Talladega. The first few laps were always impressive.

Posts: 5622 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
I’m with smisig... the V10 and then the V8 naturally aspirated F-1 cars, 18,000+ rpm, were painful if you didn’t have earplugs.

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
This thread gives me goose bumps and a woody.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post