SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The New “Pride Flag”: Have You Seen It?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New “Pride Flag”: Have You Seen It? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
So there is this little vegan cafe around the corner from me that has always flown the rainbow “Pride” flag outside when they are open.

It looked like this, pretty straightforward, recognizable:

I noticed they now have the new-and-improved flag which apparently was changed to include People Of Color and Transgenders. Looks like shit to me. They’ll end up with a flag with 769 colors and symbols soon as they are always looking at “inclusiveness” Roll Eyes

Saw an article about this from a flag expert and called it a “disaster“ as it apparently violates lots of the rules of vexillology:

quote:

Flags flap. Flags drape. Flags must be seen from a distance and from their opposite side. Under these circumstances, only simple designs make effective flags. Furthermore, complicated flags cost more to make, which often can limit how widely they are used. Most poor designs have the elements of a great flag in them—simplify them by focusing on a single symbol, a few colors, large shapes, and no lettering. Avoid the temptation to include a symbol for everybody.

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
If it flaps fast enough, won't it look white?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
The left always has to divide others into little controllable groups. What ever happened to being American plain and simple? You are a guy and like other guys fine, don't have to tell me about it I don't care!

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
My pride flag has 50 stars on a blue background with red and white stripes. In fact to me it's more than pride or an oath, it might just be me, but I'm sure a lot here would agree, I'd give all for that flag and all she stands for; just like many of our brothers and sisters have.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
My pride flag has 50 stars on a blue background with red and white stripes. In fact to me it's more than pride or an oath, it might just be me, but I'm sure a lot here would agree, I'd give all for that flag and all she stands for; just like many of our brothers and sisters have.

This without a doubt.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The new flag still just isn’t quite inclusive enough. Where is the representation for straight people? What about bisexual non binary hobbits? I don’t see a color for dragonkin either. It’s a disaster. This looks like a gay, less aesthetically pleasing version of South Africa’s flag.

They need to make a new flag and try to be inclusive this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Actually there are LOTS of flags repesenting the fringe.
See if you fall into one of these categories:

http://prideflags.com/flags

Oh, BTW, I don't judge anyone for their sexual proclivity or orientation.
THAT is called freedom.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Interesting.

In case you didn't know, there is also a Super Straight flag.

It's trolling but when the LBGQN#LC++ complains about it, the straight folk get to call them bigots.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:

This without a doubt.

Indeed!

I proudly wore the uniform of this nation for just over 11 years, and more than 9 of those years stationed along the E/W German border watching the east Germans and Russians watch us. Do not regret a minute of that time or effort spent.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Not only is the flag hideous, so is the concept behind it.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Not only is the flag hideous, so is the concept behind it.

+1

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
So there is this little vegan cafe around the corner from me that has always flown the rainbow “Pride” flag outside when they are open.

It looked like this, pretty straightforward, recognizable:

Not to mention pretty. I always found the concept behind it a little silly, but admired the flag.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I noticed they now have the new-and-improved flag which apparently was changed to include People Of Color and Transgenders. Looks like shit to me.

That's fugly

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They are trying to find fulfillment. They never will.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't eat there. I eat meat, and I generally don't care much for the folks who don't. We just don't resonate.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://prideflags.com/flags

Asexual pride? That's a new one on me.

Demisexual pride? I haven't wanted to bang Demi Moore since Blame It On Rio - and I blame Michael Caine for that.

Puppy pride? WTAF?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
LMFAO!

They just redesigned it AGAIN Roll Eyes

Pride flag redesigned to better include intersex people

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Still
NOT
INCLUSIVE
ENOUGH
Mad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My design submission

They'll love it.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I don’t understand why they are wasting their time. There is no flag that better symbolizes tolerance and liberty than this one. This is what they should be proud of. All of that other shit is just silly and divisive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~