SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The New “Pride Flag”: Have You Seen It?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New “Pride Flag”: Have You Seen It? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Do you notice how the original colors keep getting pushed out? Pretty soon they'll be gone...

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Has there ever been a more oppressive, hateful, exclusive symbol than that of the so-called "pride" flag? It truly is.

And last I checked, Pride is not a virtue. Not in the way these people are using it. Pride is a sin. One of the seven deadly sins in fact. With the American flag, we express pride in something else; something greater than ourselves. It symbolizes among other things selflessness.

With this hateful rainbow flag, it expresses pride in oneself for selfish reasons that specifically excludes certain people who don't conform to your beliefs. It's a shameful, oppressive, cowardly expression. I'm sick to death of seeing it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
LMFAO!

They just redesigned it AGAIN Roll Eyes

Needs more colors and geometric shapes and what not.

(Am I the only one surprised they included white on it?)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I love those flags! They let me know before I walk in that I should spend my money elsewhere. I wish more lefty businesses were as upfront about it. I once went to a coffee shop in St. Louis, but didn't notice their BLM sign until after I had paid. A flag out front is a big help to make sure I go somewhere else.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the ONLY flag I need is the stars and stripes on my uniform

I don't give a crap what flag the mentally disturbed want to fly and what their colors are - it means nothing

just like them - meaningless

it what makes them hateful

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Actually there are LOTS of flags repesenting the fringe.
See if you fall into one of these categories:

http://prideflags.com/flags

Oh, BTW, I don't judge anyone for their sexual proclivity or orientation.
THAT is called freedom.

I love how close the "Leather Pride" flag is to the "Blue Lives Matter" flag. It would be hilarious to see some puny SJW run up and spit on a Leather Pride flag only to have some huge Leather Daddy pick him up and body slam him on the pavement! Wink

In the 90's in NYC, Pride weekend was a huge deal and a great party. Everyone was welcome and the freedom-loving straight people showed up in droves to show that we were happy to support people loving anyone they damn well pleased. The gays appreciated it and we were happy that they were happy.

Simpler times.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
There needs to be a gray stripe for us oldsters
Smile

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
No inclusion for the southern pride flag I bet.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
The pride flag is starting to look like the flag of some despotic African nation.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
There needs to be a gray stripe for us oldsters
Smile

Nah, us graysters need our own Gray Pride flag Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
As already stated, there is only ONE pride flag, and she has beautiful white and red stripes and a field of 50 white stars on a blue background. Her name is Old Glory:

I am the flag of the United States of America
My name is Old Glory.

I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.
I stand watch in America's halls of justice.
I fly majestically over great institutes of learning.
I stand guard with the greatest military power in the world.
Look up! And see me!

I stand for peace, honor, truth, and justice.
I stand for freedom.
I am confident . . . I am arrogant.
I am proud.

When I am flown with my fellow banners,
my head is a little higher,
my colors a little truer.

I bow to no one.
I am recognized all over the world.
I am worshipped.
I am saluted.
I am respected.
I am revered. I am loved.
And I am feared.

I have fought every battle of every war for more than 200 years...
Gettysburg, Shilo, Appomatox, San Juan Hill, the trenches of France,
the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome, the beaches of Normandy,
the deserts of Africa, the cane fields of the Philippines,
the rice paddies and jungles of Guam, Okinawa, Japan, Korea, Vietnam,
and a score of places long forgotten by all but those who were with me.

I was there!

I led my soldiers.
I followed them.
I watched over them...
They loved me.
I was on a small hill in Iwo Jima.
I was dirty, battle-worn and tired,
but my soldiers cheered me,
and I was proud.

I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries
I have helped set free.
It does not hurt . . . for I am invincible.
I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my country,
and when it is by those with whom I have served in battle . . . it hurts.
But I shall overcome . . . for I am strong.

I have slipped the bonds of Earth
and stand watch over the uncharted new frontiers of space
from my vantage point on the moon.

I have been a silent witness to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes
when I am torn into strips to be used for bandages
for my wounded comrades on the field of battle.
when I fly at half mast to honor my soldiers...
and when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother at the graveside of her fallen son.

I am proud.
My name is Old Glory.
Dear God . . . Long may I wave!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An ice cream business had the new one flying a month ago.

I passed it yesterday and the flag was gone.

I don't know is someone just was too lazy to hang it, or they took it down on purpose.

Either way I don't care.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Any time the subject comes up around me I simply ask “why do these folks need their own flag?”. I try to make it clear that they’re not special- not any more than any other person in the country. I’ve come to the conclusion that the older I get, the less fucks I give.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Isn't the point of the rainbow flag that all of the colors (and symbolically all of the people) are already in it? They seem to be missing their own point by adding other elements.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
LMFAO!

They just redesigned it AGAIN Roll Eyes

Pride flag redesigned to better include intersex people

That's because the white in the first version had the position of privilege. I was going to point that out.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Room for every color except the red white and blue. Mad

This bitch from the Wash Post says Pick-ups with the American Flag is (of course) racist.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
On all F1 racing and support vehicles:

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
My design submission

They'll love it.

This should be part of a "Manscaped" Lawn Mower 3.0 commercial entitled "No job too tough....LOL!

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
little vegan cafe around the corner from me......

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The new flag looks like somebody wiped their ass with the old one on Thanksgiving evening.

Para's pic -----> bahahahahah... [Takes deep breath] gahahahahaha. [Saves to photos album, texting to wife >Now<]

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post