SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things to do in Ft. Lauderdale, Feb 2023
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things to do in Ft. Lauderdale, Feb 2023 Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
We are flying in to get on a boat in Feb.

Are there any must see things there that would merit arriving a day or two early before the cruise? Probably relying on Uber for transport

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Air Boat Everglades tour.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Da Linky Thingy

Lots to do, depends on what you like from Botanical Gardens, Beaches, Airboat Tour, if you are into fishing a good place to go out, dining, hanging out.

Stay at Las Olas Beach, lots of shopping, dining, Cuban, Argentinian, Greek, French, USA, Seafood...

Las Olas Blvd

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Elvis was there ("Girl Happy" 1965).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Elvis is dead V

I will check these out fellas

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Elvis is dead V
Eek When did that happen? Confused

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Elvis is dead V

I will check these out fellas

No,Elvis is not dead. He just went home. Big Grin

I am not sure if the Jungle Cruise is still a thing or not. It is towards the end of the Ft. Laud. strip by the marina I believe. It's like a pre-cruise cruise. Las Olas is a nice place like others have mentioned, for a nice stroll/lunch/dinner.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger41:
Air Boat Everglades tour.

This is nice. Or ride the water taxi all day, can get on/off back on.....Las Olas is nice to walk down. Rustic Inn, Cap's Place are both great restaurants that have been here forever. Shopping, beach, etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Is Brownies still open?

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There used to be a great crab shack on the west side of Ravenswood Rd (just west of I95) and opposite the airport (south of State Road 84) when we lived there in the mid-late 70's. It was very reasonably priced, and the crab was great! And there were a couple of great places for Key Lime pie--first exit southbound on I95 in Hollywood that was a little house just a mile or 2 west of I95.

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 72 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Get a room at the Trump International!

https://www.trumpmiami.com/?ut...ign=business-listing

Or at least have lunch there...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming the OP is too old to be a college student on spring break. Big Grin

If my assumption is incorrect:
Big Grin Do not make a hotel/motel reservation. Crash in someone else's motel (external entrances so less security) room.
Big Grin Chug beer from a beer bong
Big Grin Chug beer doing a keg stand
Big Grin Projectile vomit off a balcony

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23248 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I recall we took a riverboat cruise through the canals to some place that had outdoor dinner and a show. The dinner and show were forgettable but the cruise tour through canal was fun and filled with lots of info on the rich people and yachts in the area.

ETA: found it. https://www.junglequeen.com/tr...-sightseeing-cruise/

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post