SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Plumbers and farmers, two questions. Ice maker and gardening from seed.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plumbers and farmers, two questions. Ice maker and gardening from seed. Login/Join 
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I planted my first fifteen tomatoes yesterday.
I might loose if we have a late freeze.
I have the heat pads but did not use this year.
They came up in 5/6 days anyway.
staggered sewing seeds each week and the yesterdays planted ones were 12 inches high in 7 weeks from seeds.
I have a plan if we get a freeze to shelter them.
Breaded stainless for refrigerator,washer,and all sinks and toilets.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
quote:
Plumbers and farmers, two questions.

An interesting connection between the two trades, other than a farmer has to know how to do his own plumbing ...

I wanted a new set of Red Wing boots for rough-duty plumbing work, model 953. Redfern, the Redwing store manager in Newark Delaware, told me he keeps that model in stock and farmers were the only ones who bought it. In 1990, after a piece of snapped 6" spun iron pipe whacked my ankle, I went into that 8" Red Wing model and never left it.

No connection whatsoever. Just didn't feel like posting two threads.

Next question. Since I always buy from greenhouse I don't know the timing from germination to planting. Will likely plant between tax day and first of May. How long does it take to get plants from germination to ready to plant?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
I planted my first fifteen tomatoes yesterday.
I might loose if we have a late freeze.
I have the heat pads but did not use this year.
They came up in 5/6 days anyway.
staggered sewing seeds each week and the yesterdays planted ones were 12 inches high in 7 weeks from seeds.
I have a plan if we get a freeze to shelter them.
Breaded stainless for refrigerator,washer,and all sinks and toilets.

What kind of tomatoes do you plant sir?

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post