SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My son got into advanced math in school
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My son got into advanced math in school Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I was worried about helping him with homework with this "new" math.

However we find out today that advanced math is just old school math. They just did away with all the new common core nonsense, number lines, etc.

I find it funny this is considered advanced, but I'm glad he's in normal math that I can help with

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I was worried about helping him with homework with this "new" math.

However we find out today that advanced math is just old school math. They just did away with all the new common core nonsense, number lines, etc.

I find it funny this is considered advanced, but I'm glad he's in normal math that I can help with

Glad they ditched that common core bullshit. They tried that here and frustrated the hell out of my kids and me. I’m fairly smart but we couldn’t adequately do it. Finally I told my kids to get the correct answer the way you know how to do it and if the teacher gives you any grief to have her call me.

They ditched CC last year because of the complaints. Kids go to school in the Rocket City. I told the principal of my kids private school that if this town was doing that common core shit in 1963 we’d still be trying to figure out how much concrete would be needed for the pad at the Cape.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post