SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone familiar with Flaviar Club Membership
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone familiar with Flaviar Club Membership Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
It appears to be some type of bourbon-of-the month club. GF gifted me a subscription but I’m not really sure what to do with it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12349 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Never heard of it, but it sounds better than a jelly of the month club.

Posts: 3244 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s the kind of thing that seems much better than what it ends up being. I suppose it’s a maybe decent way to sample stuff but definitely at a higher price. Their prices on harder to find stuff should come with knee pads and lube. But it’s a gift and the thought behind it I’d what matters do enjoy what you get out if it.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Their spokesman [from a meme to a job]:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Mrs BRL gifted this to me a couple years ago. It gives you access to many middle of the road ($30-$60) bottles of various spirits. If your only a bourbon guy you’ll be familiar with the selections they have. If I got it again (I’d not buy it for myself though it was a fun gift I was appreciative of) I’d use it to expand my horizons on other spirits like rum, tequila, maybe gin ets.

The biggest problem I had was it’s a quarterly selection. I relied on my emails from them to know when it was selection time. I think I got two selections shipped to me then after quite some time I realized I did not get any more emails from them and I did not get the last two. As busy as I was I didn’t get around to fulfilling my entire subscription, only 2 - a bottle of scotch that I can’t remember and a $50 Jameson Black. Not a great deal for her since I think it was $300.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I canceled my Flaviar membership today. My first order has not yet arrived and when I inquired, found that the bottles I ordered were not available as Flaviar uses MN retailers in MN…what good does that do me I asked? I wanted to try some bourbons and scotches that I cannot find in MN. Slick marketing but not all that great if you at the mercy of what they can find locally.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12349 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I canceled my Flaviar membership today. My first order has not yet arrived and when I inquired, found that the bottles I ordered were not available as Flaviar uses MN retailers in MN…what good does that do me I asked? I wanted to try some bourbons and scotches that I cannot find in MN. Slick marketing but not all that great if you at the mercy of what they can find locally.

Does MN allow direct mail shipment of alcohol?

If not then Flaviar has to move it through local stores, which could be the issue.

Posts: 23575 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
No membership but the Mrs. has bought me the Christmas Whiskey Advent Calendars for the past two years. I love them

Posts: 5349 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post