SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm getting $$$ back on auto insurance
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm getting $$$ back on auto insurance Login/Join 
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted
got the notice today....15% of two months premiums. Not to be a dink or anything but this lock down has me driving a lot less than 15 %.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
usaa giving 20% back for 2 months.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Geico,

Is doing the same thing, I am definitely driving less, but I will happily take the discount on my next renewel. Smile

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
For the last few weeks I was wondering if this would happen since 4 out of our 5 vehicles hardly go out anymore. One vehicle has been sitting in Georgia for the last month. I'm still waiting to hear from Liberty Mutual what my rebate will be.

Got the email, 15% for two months.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rtquig,

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'm not excited, why not just lower premiums period? Assholes

On Thursday, State Farm, the country’s largest auto insurer, said it was giving policyholders an approximate 25% credit on premiums paid between March 20 and May 31; the credit from the country’s largest auto insurer will be returning $2 billion to policy holders on 40 million vehicles.

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
GEICO says they are giving me 15%. This would apply to my next renewal, which would be in mid-June. It is already paid up for this period.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Same thing with my Allstate policy. 15% for 2 months. Whoopi. I've put roughly 4 miles on the car the last 2 weeks by going to the store only.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My company is doing a blanket reduction, not just for 2 months.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Farmers is cutting the monthly premium for April by 25%

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
20 percent of two months premiums???

So I should get excited over the twenty five dollar credit?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roarindan:
this lock down has me driving a lot less than 15 %.
Yep, 15% from safeco / liberty mutual. Better than a poke in the eye. Street parking, distracted driver, easy side swipe can happen. Idiot blathering on cell phone about "motherload of toilet paper" in the supermarket parking lot is probably more dangerous than a drunk driver; I'm fine either way but paid in full in November so it does not seem "out of pocket".

Here's hoping everyone reduces spending if they need to, remains solvent without borrowing, and we all move back into our routines. Personally, I know a lot of people who create panic but very little has changed in their lives. No restaurants, less casual shopping, and DFYM - don't forget your mask.

quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
20 percent of two months premiums???

So I should get excited over the twenty five dollar credit?
Are you boasting about your cheap rates or boasting about your solvency? Wink

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
State Farm is offering up to 25% depending on state.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
15% for 2 months from Travelers. They can afford it based on the rate in which my home owners premium has increased.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Amica announced 20% credit for April & May premiums via email today

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
We called USAA to put my wife’s car in ‘storage’ so that will save us money, and later that day, we got an e-mail from USAA that our rates are also going down.

My wife is a teacher working from home so we won’t be using her car until she goes back. Using my Tacoma only will put the wear and tear only on it so I may gun for something newer after this CV19 mess winds down AND if the incentives loosen up my wife’s purse strings.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an email yesterday from Safeco announcing the same thing.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Nationwide giving me back $50.00. About 60% off one month.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
GEICO says they are giving me 15%. This would apply to my next renewal, which would be in mid-June. It is already paid up for this period.

Same thing here. I usually pay 6 months at at time as they give no discount for a year.

This time, I will pay for a year to take advantage of the discount (if allowed). Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TomS,

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Farmers is cutting the monthly premium for April by 25%

I just got that email today.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Yup, Geico took 15% off my next bill. You just have to call and ask for it. I also told them my yearly mileage is going to be way down so they gave me a further discount as well.

Allstate is doing the same 15% but automatically off your best bill.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post