SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm getting $$$ back on auto insurance
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm getting $$$ back on auto insurance Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Farmers is cutting the monthly premium for April by 25%

I just got that email today.

As did I. Pleasant little surprise.

Posts: 12181 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Works for me. I like extra money.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have Travelers. They are doing the 15% for two months. I'm already paid for the year so I'm guessing they'll factor it in to the next time I pay for insurance?

Nothing's changed for me. I'm still mostly normal, just not going out on dates which is saving me money. Still driving to work everyday.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I didn’t get an email from Progressive insurance!
But when I paid my monthly bill, there was a notice of a 20% reduction for two months...cool!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Amica announced 20% credit for April & May premiums via email today
Yup. Got the email too.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far - ALFA in MS is giving nothing back based on what a local agent told my workmate earlier this week...

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

I have Travelers. They are doing the 15% for two months. I'm already paid for the year so I'm guessing they'll factor it in to the next time I pay for insurance?
Travelers states that
  1. If you have already paid your premium in full, they will send you a refund check. My comment: don't hold your breath, you'll probably turn blue.

2. If you are paying your premium monthly, you will see a 15% reduction in your premium bill for two months. My comment: bullshit. I just looked at my Travelers account online, the premium amount that they are showing due for May 1 is the full amount.
I received an email signed by Michael Klein, President, Personal Insurance (Travelers) informing me of the above. I replied, telling him that the online payment system was not showing the 15% reduction. No response yet, but I am not at all surprised by lack of response from Travelers. I might use their online chat facility this coming week to see what they say.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got another email from USAA for another 20% dividend reimbursement of one month’s payment.

And that’s why I stick with them....awesome insurance company to deal with.

Posts: 685 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
We got $50 from Nationwide.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I got $44 from Safeco a couple days ago. I'm rich!

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
Liberty has taken the last 2 months payments (auto pay) right on time. no refunds or reductions yet.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Recently got my May bill from Amica w/ 20% rate reduction. Yay, a $19.20 discount! Roll Eyes

After June's bill I'll have saved enough ($38.40) be able to splurge on a new P320 Magazine!

Let's get serious....How about a 20-25% premium discount for the WHOLE Year!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
5 vehicles with Safeco and got $58 refund. More than I was expecting.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I received $154 for five vehicles. For 6 months I pay $3200.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20% off the usual thievery for me too. For months April and May.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16094 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
We got a vaguely worded email from Erie about an upcoming reduction in our premiums but no amount was specified and no funds have been received...
That was about a month ago..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Woo who, we got $20 and some change back. Smile

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Travelers gave me $29.09 back on my card last week. I think they also sent me an email claiming they may do it again in a month.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I'm getting a large credit for the next 2 months. I value that too.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12639 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USAA gave us 20% for a couple of months too. I'm like big woop, my wife just got the 100% furlough from her job. My daughter was gone to college all year and didn't drive at all until she got home. Being locked down, she isn't driving much either.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason these insurance companies did it is because they were forced too.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post