SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shorts banned, boys wear skirts to beat the heat

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Shorts banned, boys wear skirts to beat the heat Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I love it!

“A group of boys wore skirts to school after being told they couldn't wear shorts despite temperatures of up to 89.6F (32C).

Year nine pupils at Poynton High School in Chesire, borrowed girls' school skirts to challenge a policy that says they aren't allowed to wear shorts - even though Britain is in the grip of a sizzling heatwave.

Parents have thrown their support behind the protest because it is 'ridiculous' that girls can wear skirts but boys are banned from having shorts as part of their uniform…”

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...0F-temperatures.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
89.6 is a sizzling heat wave? That’s spring weather for us. Lol

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t wear shorts in elementary school. Riding a packed no ac school bus in August in TN was a little warm.

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
89.6 is a sizzling heat wave? That’s spring weather for us. Lol
Yeah, but do they have air conditioning? A fair number of placed in Europe that I have traveled to don't, especially if they are older buildings.

I grew up in Texas. Without AC it would have sucked, and as I get older, I like the cold more and more.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate that they want to make a point, but there's nothing that you could do in this world to put me in a skirt. I went to a private school in Central FL and had to wear pants. Toughen up nancy. But, from my experience most English males have a least a tiny bit limp wrist/ladyboy in them in my opinion.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 974 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Wore dress pants, shirt/tie when I went to school with no a/c and survived. Comfortable is nice but I'd call them pansies. Will they wear their skirts in a business meeting in the future because it's warm?

Posts: 3469 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
On a Wing
and a Prayer
Picture of Pilken
posted Hide Post
kilts - they need kilts. if a man wears a skirt and calls it a kilt it is OK(ish).

-------------------------
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Dr. Seuss

Posts: 2624 | Location: FINALLY just outside of Chicagoland | Registered: April 24, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I ain't wearing no skirt. I don't care how hot it is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30430 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Same stupid Goddamned story as last year

Posts: 107722 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post