SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female Lightning cable to female 3.5 aux connector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female Lightning cable to female 3.5 aux connector Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
Does such a thing exist?

I was donated a small box of cables, while sorting through them I came across a set of Apple in the ear earphones, the only Apple device I own is a iPod. I would like to use them with a MP3 player I have and it uses a 3.5 jack. I've searched online but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Those Earpods with the lightning connector are only worth $20 if purchased separately new.

Earpods with the old 3.5mm jack is only $15 purchase separately new.

I don't think it would be worth looking for an adapter.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You mean this?

https://www.apple.com/shop/pro...adphone-jack-adapter

You should be able to find them at your local staples for like 9 bucks.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7625 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
There is an adapter. Costs about $10

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Nevermind. You want to take an apple lighting headphone set, plug into an adapter to convert to 3.5mm aux. That I am not sure of. Probably just want to pick up a 10 regular set of headphones at the grocery store or something.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7625 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
You connect to your MP3 player with a female 3.5mm connector? That's seems a bit odd.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16260 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I looked and couldn't find anything for you. Couldn't even find a reasonably priced Digital Audio Converter that had a Lightning output.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Monoprice

I don't remember where I got mine. Maybe walmart. It's white like the one cslinger posted.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1362 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
You connect to your MP3 player with a female 3.5mm connector? That's seems a bit odd.
Ha! Thus connects my iPod nano to my Howard Leight shooting muffs says the Technosaurus. Except the female sockets are on the devices, and males on the cable ends. Somewhere in my junk cable box I have a female-male extension cable, so I could make it work. ISTR seeing a mini-player with a spike on the end at some point in the past.

Posts: 6393 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Aeteocles, you are correct, they do sell for $20.00 new and it turns out that Apple actually makes them with a 3.5 plug. (!) The reason I was looking for something like that is I was rather impressed with the sound quality, when I tried them with my iPod, much better than the crappy ones that came with my MP3 player, which uses a 3.5 plug.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, I have a male to male 3.5 cord.

Never said that I was gonna do this the easy way. Wink

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
You mean this?

Exactly, why didn't I find one of those when I searched the innerwebz?

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, it's not really clear what you originally asked fer. That Apple cord has a male Lightning connector, and your title says "female Lightning cable". Smile

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16260 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, it's not really clear what you originally asked fer. That Apple cord has a male Lightning connector, and your title says "female Lightning cable".

Yes, yes. Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
No problemo. Just happy your problem was solved.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
You mean this?

Exactly, why didn't I find one of those when I searched the innerwebz?

I don't think that's what you are looking for.

You want to use your Lightning headphones on regular stuff

That adapter is the opposite. It's to let you use regular headphones on Apple products.

It may be better to just buy the regular Earpods with the 3.5mm Jack.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It might be helpful if you could post a pic of the gear you're trying to connect up?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
These things do exist, but I can't find a reliable source to purchase them, and I agree, that you're better off just getting a st of earbuds/headphones that are already 3.5. The factory Apple earbuds are nothing special anyways.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, it's not really clear what you originally asked fer. That Apple cord has a male Lightning connector, and your title says "female Lightning cable". Smile

But does it identify as male or female???

Posts: 1994 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Female Lightning cable to female 3.5 aux connector

So you are looking for a pair of scissor jacks.. Big Grin

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post