SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Biden decides to side step Supreme Court with executive orders on Roe and directs DOJ and Garland to make abortion available asking women to get one
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden decides to side step Supreme Court with executive orders on Roe and directs DOJ and Garland to make abortion available asking women to get one Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
Separation of Powers, rule of law, only matters if it agrees with (Obama’s) Biden’s agenda.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...heyre-about-find-out

https://whdh.com/news/biden-si...ing-abortion-rights/

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do we need another thread? Knew this was coming from Biden.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, tell me again who's undermining "OUR DEMOCRACY!"

This venal houseplant in the White House is basically telling a majority of the states who wish to restrict abortion through their legislatures tough shit. "I have a pen."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Biden, since the Supreme Court’s decision last month, has urged Congress to codify protections under Roe v. Wade into federal law.

Shifting to November’s midterm elections, Biden said that the United States needs "two additional pro-choice senators and a pro-choice House to codify Roe as federal law."

"Your vote can make that a reality," Biden said. "I know it’s frustrating, and it made a lot of people very angry, but the truth is, and it’s not just me saying it, it’s what the court said when you read the decision — the court had made clear it will not protect the rights of women. Period."

The president stressed that "the women of America can determine the outcome of this issue."

"I don’t think the court, or for that matter, the Republicans who for decades have pushed the extreme agenda, have a clue about the power of American women," Biden said. "But they're about to find out."

He added: "In my view, it is my hope, and strong belief, that women will, in fact, turn out in record numbers to reclaim the rights that have been taken from them by the court. "

Pointing to some Republicans who have suggested they will support a nationwide abortion ban, Biden stressed that as long as he is president, "it won’t happen."

"Let me tell you something. As long as I'm president, it won't happen because I'll veto it," he said. "So the choice is clear. If you want to change the circumstance for women and even little girls in this country, please go out and vote."

Biden added that millions of men will be "taking on the fight" alongside women in November’s elections "to restore the right to choose and the broader right to privacy in this nation."

"For God’s sake, there’s an election in November. Vote, vote, vote, vote," Biden said.
A crowd of people gather outside the Supreme Court on May 2, 2022, in Washington following reports of a leaked draft opinion by the court overturning Roe v. Wade.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...heyre-about-find-out

Wait... what?

The "rights that have been taken from them by the court."
The Court left it up to the people, through their elected representatives.
What happened to "our democracy"?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I really don't want my tax $$$ to pay for any abortions.

From the standpoint of my religion, that places me into direct slavery for the Antichrist.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meaningless vote pandering. It's already illegal to stop someone from crossing a state line for any reason, short of judicial order after conviction, such as parole restrictions. It's also legal to mail any medication approved by the FDA. So, his signed a meaningless order, got some press, gave a speech, and nothing changed at all.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, his signed a meaningless order, got some press, gave a speech, and nothing changed at all.

... and depressed his base, lost some more independents...

Biden Comms Staffer Lies About Extremely 'Senior Moment' With Teleprompter

For those who paid attention to President Biden's attempt at giving a speech on Friday, you may have noticed that the 79-year-old president has gone full Ron Burgandy - reading literally whatever is on the teleprompter, including "end of quote" and "repeat the line" - which were obviously cues for Biden's 'inside voice' and not to be read.

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-moment-teleprompter

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Did 46 and 2 talk with Biden?

Posts: 4110 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Your vote can make that a reality," Biden said. "I know it’s frustrating, and it made a lot of people very angry, but the truth is, and it’s not just me saying it, it’s what the court said when you read the decision — the court had made clear it will not protect the rights of women. Period."

No, the courts said congress has continued to pass the buck on Abortion, refused to create a law for decades, pro or con, and on purpose,.

The D party has held enough seats and the Presidency to codify Abortion, but they didn't so it could used as a weapon in elections.
In fact all politicians, R an D, since RvW was improperly decided, now have to do their jobs and come up with a law allowing Abortions at
a federal level.

The court also ruled in the WV vs EPA that congress can't pass a general blank law and turn over the detail design to a bureaucrat, so they'll have to have details on the how, where, when, why etc.

Nothing is going to happen, the D party isn't going to pass a law before November that would eliminate their parties platform for the election.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I read the article and I don't see where Biden is sidestepping the SCOTUS decision at all.

It's mostly empty rhetoric.

Tis a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The D party has held enough seats and the Presidency to codify Abortion, but they didn't so it could used as a weapon in elections.
In fact all politicians, R an D, since RvW was improperly decided, now have to do their jobs and come up with a law allowing Abortions at
a federal level.

What about the role of the individual States?
Federalism?
Why do you think this should be decided by Congress?

-rduckwor

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Election desperation?

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I read the article and I don't see where Biden is sidestepping the SCOTUS decision at all.

It's mostly empty rhetoric.

Tis a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing.

He's not. He's side stepping Congress and/or state legislatures.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Federalism?

Didn't say it should be decided by congress, the point is that to achieve the goals outlined in Bidens comments
it will take congressional approval to legalize Abortion nationwide.

With SCOTUS ruling, it is up to the individual states, however if the D hold the house and gain seats or sympathizers
in the Senate, they could do what should have been done in the first place, provided they really wanted legal
abortions, nationwide, and pass a federal law,
We know there are RHINO's that may sign on to some form of legislation so that's my point that nothing will be done by November because he'd have to negotiate to get enough votes in the senate.

That is what SCOTUS is saying, there isn't a law, and nothing in the constitution codifying abortion, so, if you guys/gals really want a federal ok on abortion, pass a federal law.
Otherwise its back to the states.

From the comments made by Biden listed above......

Shifting to November’s midterm elections, Biden said that the United States needs "two additional pro-choice senators and a pro-choice House to codify Roe as federal law."

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Regarding the executive order itself: didn't Old Sleepy go shouting a while back, something like "you can't just rule by executive fiat!" after President Trump issued a couple of EOs?

(Yes, I'm trying to find the video clip.)

Followup question: how many EOs have Old Sleepy issued now, many of them appearing to simply be spiteful toward We The People?

Confused

- - - -

Edit: Here's the clip I was looking for. https://youtu.be/MahYvIGxBB4

Related article from The Hill.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
OK
I guess I misinterpreted your statement:

quote:
a federal level.

-rduckwor

Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to see their convoluted machinations to explain how the federal government has the authority to regulate this. It is ass backwards to say returning the issue to the people to decide via elected officials is an affront to democracy. It is exactly the opposite of that.

Posts: 869 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Federalism?

Didn't say it should be decided by congress, the point is that to achieve the goals outlined in Bidens comments
it will take congressional approval to legalize Abortion nationwide.

With SCOTUS ruling, it is up to the individual states, however if the D hold the house and gain seats or sympathizers
in the Senate, they could do what should have been done in the first place, provided they really wanted legal
abortions, nationwide, and pass a federal law,
We know there are RHINO's that may sign on to some form of legislation so that's my point that nothing will be done by November because he'd have to negotiate to get enough votes in the senate.

That is what SCOTUS is saying, there isn't a law, and nothing in the constitution codifying abortion, so, if you guys/gals really want a federal ok on abortion, pass a federal law.
Otherwise its back to the states.

From the comments made by Biden listed above......

No, the decision held that regulating abortion or not, is not a Federal power. It's is up to the states. Any and all FEDERAL laws, edicts and declarations are not within the scope of the Federal government IE UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Bozo can try and change the Constitution, but we know that ain't happening.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I don't believe he 'sidestepped'

hes so stupid he would trip over his own footprint

more hot air from the demented pedophile

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Years ago Biden himself said that Roe was wrongly decided and of course, Ginsburg too but today?

Biden is frustrated because all he has is EOs and the next president can undue them just as fast.

If Potato Head wants to lay blame, look at all the times when Democrats controlled everything and ask why they didn't codify Roe. That would require a look in the mirror and since that might reveal uncomfortable truths, it's not going to happen.

All the reversal said was, "Religion has nothing to do with it and we're passing the issue back to the individual states so their governments and citizens can figure out what's appropriate for them." That's it.

Posts: 4078 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post