SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sig Sauer’s Rose Community
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Sauer’s Rose Community Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
didn't know about this

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-...this-ones-for-girls/

American gun maker Sig Sauer responded to the millions of women who purchased their first gun over the last three and a half years by creating the Rose community, centered entirely on the female gun owner.

In 2020, when COVID-related shutdowns began and civil unrest was prominent around the country, women across the country flocked into gun stores to find a means to protect themselves. In fact, on September 17, 2021, Breitbart News reported that during the COVID shutdowns, nearly half of all first-time gun buyers were women.

The Wall Street Journal reported a National Firearms Study which showed that 3.5 million women bought their first gun between January 2019 and April 2021.

Sig’s Rose community is designed to be a haven for the millions of women who purchased their first gun during the COVID shutdowns, as well as for those who may be purchasing their first gun now.

The community is Facebook-based and private, allowing women who may be timid in their approach to their first firearm to learn from other women who have been shooting for years. Women can exchange shooting tips with other women, and women who grew up in homes where firearms were always present can hear the stories of those who did not and vice versa.

On top of the personal exchange, Sig’s Rose community gives women the opportunity to learn from championship shooter Lena Miculek.

Lena is an 8-time World Champion, skilled in the use of a variety of firearms, who takes joy in working with women from all skill levels.

All these aspects of the Rose community come together in a program that literally provides a step-by-step guide that spans from holding a gun for the first time to going to the range to shoot for the first time and beyond. The goal is to demystify the firearm so women who are first-time gun buyers can feel confident when they pick up the gun, load it and manipulate its controls, and finally raise it up on target and pull the trigger.

Another aspect of Sig’s Rose community is the Sig P365 Rose. The P365 is one of the most popular handguns in the world, and for the Rose community, Sig released it in a .380 chambering, which means less recoil.

The lower recoil makes the gun a better fit for many women, especially those of smaller stature.

Sig also makes the P365 Rose in 9mm, for women who are well-versed in that round, but the .380 is their nod to the ever-expanding demographic of women who are buying a gun for the first time.

Lena Miculek is the daughter of Jerry Miculek

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few things on this. Most of it has been stuff with Jerry Miculek's daughter Lena. Who would have thought she could shoot...

Seems like a good program from the little I've seen on it.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16402 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see such a program coming from a consortium of gun manufacturers and gun rights groups, and not a single manufacturer building a group around a figurehead.

I would be far more likely to take seriously such a consortium as an effort to encourage female shooters, rather than as a marketing campaign created for the sole purpose of selling one manufacturer's firearms and accessories, which is what this appears to be.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a woman's shooting group or business with the rose logo/name before sig.

Sig ask them to partner, they said no.

Sig just rolled over them.

No idea what happened to them.

They posted the story when the gun first came out.

They were not in the position to take sig on.

No idea of the outcome, if they are still around.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The Well Armed Woman is one that I've read about, and LWRC had a co-branded AR rifle with them that doesn't seem to be on their website. It was also a damn good deal I wanted to try and join and get one.

Back to topic, this program was introduced at the SIG Range Day at SHOT Show this year.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
In the NRA BOPS (Basics Of Pistol Shooting), and RSO classes I've participated in over the past two years, the percentage of women (and minorities) has exploded. Where we formerly had trouble filling classes with youngish white men, we are now over-subscribed on almost every class we offer, with women comprising usually half the class. It is definitely a trend, and, hopefully, means broader (see what I did there?) support for 2A issues in the future.

Not to say that every woman buying a gun is responsible enough to get training, but it is a promising trend.

WRT the women-oriented groups referred to in previous posts, there is somewhat of a power struggle among these with the founder of the Well Armed Woman group recently disassociating herself and most of the membership is reorganizing as Armed Women of America (AWA), and Girls With Guns becoming more of a promoter/seller of gear than an advocacy/shooting group. Mrs. A is a member of both of these, and this unsettled situation has caused a fair amount of upset among those committed to the shooting sports. I take this as a good sign, that interested individuals have recognized and are contesting for a presence in this increasing market space.

It is unfortunate, maybe even tragic that more and more women feel that their manbunned soy boys are not willing or able to defend their honor, but better that they take on this responsibility than succumb to those that would seek to coerce them.

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
In the NRA BOPS (Basics Of Pistol Shooting), and RSO classes I've participated in over the past two years, the percentage of women (and minorities) has exploded.
Of course this is a result of rising crime rates, and not some kind of lifestyle choice. That being the case, rose-colored pistols are nothing more than marketing.

The male of our species are tool makers and tool users, and most women who obtain a firearm do so out of a perceived need, and that is what you see in those classes. All talk of the Second Amendment aside, it's unfortunate that this is happening; tragic, even, and I say this in all sincerity. Women no longer feel safe.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
There was a woman's shooting group or business with the rose logo/name before sig.

Sig ask them to partner, they said no.

Sig just rolled over them.

No idea what happened to them.

They posted the story when the gun first came out.

They were not in the position to take sig on.

No idea of the outcome, if they are still around.

Must be talking about Marie Pace.

Q

Posts: 26397 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Women in shooting has been a growing thing for many years, not just since Covid. Covid amplified it. And sad to say a couple of you are right, women don't feel safe any more. But there is more to it than that. Owning a firearm is empowering. And sorry boys, we can't let you have all the fun. Wink

I joined a local rifle and pistol club with my husband in 2012. The club had been hosting a women's only shooting event on and off for years to encourage women to shoot. That year they asked me to serve on the committee. We hosted 300 women and they got to try out all the shooting sports the club offered.

I took over the event in 2015 and along with my committee we grew it to over 400 women, 18 different types of shooting activities and a Tomahawk toss. We had vendors, food trucks and several big names in the shooting industry were there including Sig, Glock and Legacy. It took 200 volunteers to put the event on. Our goal was to introduce women to firearms and the shooting sports. The event was a sell out every year and women would do it multiple times a year if was could offer it.

There are numerous other women's groups out there, the two mentioned AWA, A Girl and A Gun, the Well Arm Woman, Women on Target and more.

My husband worked in the firearms industry for several years at a friends gun store and I would hang out on Saturdays to get lunch for everyone. Over those years I noticed more and more women coming in, not only as first time shooters looking to buy their first gun, but also many women would come in on a regular basis and practice.

While is nice that groups like this are popping up online, it would be better if they offered more events like I used to run to encourage women to come out, try shooting and learn in a safe and uninhibited environment among their peers.

Bonnie

Posts: 21 | Location: Central FL South of the Mouse | Registered: July 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post