SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another reason to avoid Olive Garden
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another reason to avoid Olive Garden Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Olive Garden tastes like crap, but I can't believe anyone would believe this bullshit. That scammer should have a whole rat shoved up his ass.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We took my Mom there about once a year because she liked it . She's gone now . No reason to go back .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK: …if so that rat foot could have fallen in at a central facility, been missed and frozen, which means everyone that got soup from that batch had rat soup.. Ugggh....

Another possibility is the patron brought the rat leg with him figuring he’d get a free meal, at the very least, and right up to the $25,000 he’s seeking in his lawsuit.

I guess that is possible. I'd think that if this was the case the guy would have dropped it in the soup and yelled "There is a foot in my soup". Not gone to the trouble of actually biting it, puncturing his mouth, vomiting all over, then having to seek medical attention.

That, unless he is able to vomit on demand, the picture makes it look like it's huge but rats are not the size of dogs, well, maybe they are in Downtown Detroit.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
That’s vile. In one of the kitchens my wife worked in, they found a rat in the deep fryer in the morning.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
How would they go about investigating the origin of the rat foot?

Posts: 13115 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if he got the foot, where did the rest of the rat end up?

Posts: 59 | Registered: July 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HGWTJWH:
I'm wondering if he got the foot, where did the rest of the rat end up?

In his freezer. Saving parts for future scams.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
How could one miss seeing a rat leg in your spoon?

Posts: 9042 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I've heard Rightwire's story before from other sources. Olive Garden doesn't "cook"...they just reheat shit that's already prepared. And it is the most revolting excuse for Italian food on the planet. They should be ashamed of themselves and ANY self-respecting Italian would do better to stay home and crack a jar of Prego or Ragu.

That sums up the food service preparation for the VAST majority of thematic chain restaurants. I avoid them like the plague because of the low-end, bad food that's served.

Pre-packaged, prepared foods is major business for the food service industry. There's no way many of those places with giant colorful menus with thematic decor and uniforms, are able to actually cook everything listed, without a major assist from pre-cooked prepared foods or flash-frying items straight out of the freezer. Sous vide cooking or, just dumping the contents into a big pot to reheat, very common technique. Pull out the meat that warmed in hot water, put it under the salamander to form a crust, distribute them onto the plates, sprinkle some season salt and ladle out the sauce. Go to any discount/clearance type grocery store like a Winco, Food4Less and you'll find many of the restaurant-size food packages.

I went recently to a Chili's...hand't been in over a decade, wasn't my choice I was meeting the parents, Dad wanted a bowl of chips. It was awful, plastic cheese, rubbery pasta, iceberg lettuce, odd looking waiter. smh

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Rats are a delicacy in Asia. In Italy "rats" are snuffed.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1556 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

That sums up the food service preparation for the VAST majority of thematic chain restaurants. I avoid them like the plague because of the low-end, bad food that's served.

OK, fine, you can have Olive Garden, Chili's, Applebee's, and everyone else, but NOT Cheesecake Factory. I know for a fact each location has a basement 10,000 sq foot kitchen that can whip up fresh any of the 2,000 meals in their menu binders. Surely they don't have a kitchen the size of a toll booth when their dining room appears to be made of fine Italian granite with no less than 4 employees standing at that 5 foot tall podium asking if you want to wait 30 mins for a seat to open up when half of them are empty because they only have 2 waiters or if you would prefer to find a seat at the bar.

I got violently ill from food poisoning at a Chinese buffet once. I called the place to tell them and ask for a refund, they basically said F-off. I had another attorney at the office send them notice of a claim. Their insurance carrier wrote back asking for a list of everything I ate that whole day until I got sick and if I kept a sample of my stool and vomit.

Yeah, lawyers are the problem...

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Patron: <Holds up rodent’s paw>

Waiter: “Rats!”

Badaboom.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
"Waiter, what is this bug doing in my soup?"

Posts: 2771 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, Olive Garden tastes like crap, but I can't believe anyone would believe this bullshit. That scammer should have a whole rat shoved up his ass.

What evidence is there that this is a scam?

I know this is your opinion, but there is nothing to suggest that this is a scam other than your feeling. We just don't know.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
While all of this banter; is it a scam, is it false, we don't know. Item number one, being forced to employ 15 year olds in the kitchen is a disaster in the making. Add to that even on a good day OG food is barely eatable. Of course that's an opinion, but with my wife being of Italian decent I've eaten more than my share of such cousin. OG is crap.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
As mentioned the soups aren’t made in each location. They are made in a factory and sent to OG in plastic bags for warming. It is entirely possible the rat was cut up in the processing of vegetables for the soup and ended up in the soup.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12438 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
"Waiter, what is this bug doing in my soup?"

Ba-dum-ching

Sly Stalone in Demolition Man
"This is a rat burger. Matter of fact, it's the best burger I've had in years."

Posts: 7874 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
A very old limerick:

An epicure, dining at Crewe,
found quite a large mouse in his stew,
said the waiter, “Don't shout,
and wave it about,
or the rest will be wanting one, too!

Anonymous

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as the big rat leg, I believe it may have been a ROUS (Rodent of Unusual Size.)

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post