SIGforum
Another reason to avoid Olive Garden

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2770059205

August 24, 2023, 12:59 PM
Another reason to avoid Olive Garden
Yeah, Olive Garden tastes like crap, but I can't believe anyone would believe this bullshit. That scammer should have a whole rat shoved up his ass.

Q

August 24, 2023, 01:06 PM
selogic
We took my Mom there about once a year because she liked it . She's gone now . No reason to go back .
August 24, 2023, 01:08 PM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK: …if so that rat foot could have fallen in at a central facility, been missed and frozen, which means everyone that got soup from that batch had rat soup.. Ugggh....

Another possibility is the patron brought the rat leg with him figuring he’d get a free meal, at the very least, and right up to the $25,000 he’s seeking in his lawsuit.

I guess that is possible. I'd think that if this was the case the guy would have dropped it in the soup and yelled "There is a foot in my soup". Not gone to the trouble of actually biting it, puncturing his mouth, vomiting all over, then having to seek medical attention.

That, unless he is able to vomit on demand, the picture makes it look like it's huge but rats are not the size of dogs, well, maybe they are in Downtown Detroit.
August 24, 2023, 01:14 PM
Ironmike57
That’s vile. In one of the kitchens my wife worked in, they found a rat in the deep fryer in the morning.
August 24, 2023, 02:11 PM
Edmond
How would they go about investigating the origin of the rat foot?

August 24, 2023, 08:08 PM
HGWTJWH
I'm wondering if he got the foot, where did the rest of the rat end up?
August 24, 2023, 08:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by HGWTJWH:
I'm wondering if he got the foot, where did the rest of the rat end up?

In his freezer. Saving parts for future scams.

Q

August 24, 2023, 08:37 PM
229DAK
How could one miss seeing a rat leg in your spoon?

August 24, 2023, 09:00 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I've heard Rightwire's story before from other sources. Olive Garden doesn't "cook"...they just reheat shit that's already prepared. And it is the most revolting excuse for Italian food on the planet. They should be ashamed of themselves and ANY self-respecting Italian would do better to stay home and crack a jar of Prego or Ragu.

That sums up the food service preparation for the VAST majority of thematic chain restaurants. I avoid them like the plague because of the low-end, bad food that's served.

Pre-packaged, prepared foods is major business for the food service industry. There's no way many of those places with giant colorful menus with thematic decor and uniforms, are able to actually cook everything listed, without a major assist from pre-cooked prepared foods or flash-frying items straight out of the freezer. Sous vide cooking or, just dumping the contents into a big pot to reheat, very common technique. Pull out the meat that warmed in hot water, put it under the salamander to form a crust, distribute them onto the plates, sprinkle some season salt and ladle out the sauce. Go to any discount/clearance type grocery store like a Winco, Food4Less and you'll find many of the restaurant-size food packages.

I went recently to a Chili's...hand't been in over a decade, wasn't my choice I was meeting the parents, Dad wanted a bowl of chips. It was awful, plastic cheese, rubbery pasta, iceberg lettuce, odd looking waiter. smh
August 24, 2023, 09:55 PM
abnmacv
Rats are a delicacy in Asia. In Italy "rats" are snuffed.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member
August 24, 2023, 10:02 PM
Scuba Steve Sig
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

That sums up the food service preparation for the VAST majority of thematic chain restaurants. I avoid them like the plague because of the low-end, bad food that's served.

OK, fine, you can have Olive Garden, Chili's, Applebee's, and everyone else, but NOT Cheesecake Factory. I know for a fact each location has a basement 10,000 sq foot kitchen that can whip up fresh any of the 2,000 meals in their menu binders. Surely they don't have a kitchen the size of a toll booth when their dining room appears to be made of fine Italian granite with no less than 4 employees standing at that 5 foot tall podium asking if you want to wait 30 mins for a seat to open up when half of them are empty because they only have 2 waiters or if you would prefer to find a seat at the bar.

I got violently ill from food poisoning at a Chinese buffet once. I called the place to tell them and ask for a refund, they basically said F-off. I had another attorney at the office send them notice of a claim. Their insurance carrier wrote back asking for a list of everything I ate that whole day until I got sick and if I kept a sample of my stool and vomit.

Yeah, lawyers are the problem...
August 25, 2023, 03:30 AM
Sig2340
Patron: <Holds up rodent’s paw>

Waiter: “Rats!”

Badaboom.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
August 25, 2023, 12:54 PM
sse
"Waiter, what is this bug doing in my soup?"
August 25, 2023, 01:21 PM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Yeah, Olive Garden tastes like crap, but I can't believe anyone would believe this bullshit. That scammer should have a whole rat shoved up his ass.

What evidence is there that this is a scam?

I know this is your opinion, but there is nothing to suggest that this is a scam other than your feeling. We just don't know.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
August 25, 2023, 02:54 PM
NavyGuy
While all of this banter; is it a scam, is it false, we don't know. Item number one, being forced to employ 15 year olds in the kitchen is a disaster in the making. Add to that even on a good day OG food is barely eatable. Of course that's an opinion, but with my wife being of Italian decent I've eaten more than my share of such cousin. OG is crap.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
August 25, 2023, 03:02 PM
frayedends
As mentioned the soups aren’t made in each location. They are made in a factory and sent to OG in plastic bags for warming. It is entirely possible the rat was cut up in the processing of vegetables for the soup and ended up in the soup.

These go to eleven.
August 25, 2023, 03:13 PM
fritz
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
"Waiter, what is this bug doing in my soup?"

Ba-dum-ching

Sly Stalone in Demolition Man
"This is a rat burger. Matter of fact, it's the best burger I've had in years."
August 25, 2023, 03:24 PM
Jim Shugart
A very old limerick:

An epicure, dining at Crewe,
found quite a large mouse in his stew,
said the waiter, “Don't shout,
and wave it about,
or the rest will be wanting one, too!

Anonymous

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
August 26, 2023, 03:29 PM
Fredward
As far as the big rat leg, I believe it may have been a ROUS (Rodent of Unusual Size.)