SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 138
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Commie Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-Macarena-Hey-Macarena defeats 10 term Democratic incumbent Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
From what little I read, and watching the ad, I like her already.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
She is definitely an improvement, but I think it is more likely that a primary challenge will knock off AOC or she will be redistricted out of office. NY-14 is something like D+27. AOC beat her previous GOP opponent by a nearly 6-1 margin.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
From what little I read, and watching the ad, I like her already.

The "Bridges" ad is well done.
She shows a MUCH better attitude for the job than does AOC.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Obviously, unless she turns out to be a blatant crook, she should easily defeat AOC. However, getting her message to the voters in her district will be the challenge, and making them realize her way is the far better way.

I'm guessing both she and AOC will be flooded with support and funds from their national-level parties. It would be AWESOME to see AOC lose to a conservative who checks more intersectional boxes than she does.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her ad is great. She needs to stay vague all the way through as much as possible IMO. Like how the ad says she'll "focus on..." without saying how.

"I'll focus on justice, accessible healthcare for all, racial equality, blah blah" If the Dems in the district read into that socialized medicine and social justice and vote for her, so be it.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I'm guessing both she and AOC will be flooded with support and funds from their national-level parties. It would be AWESOME to see AOC lose to a conservative who checks more intersectional boxes than she does.

I don’t think the DNC is going to give AOC a dime but will support a D challenger to her. She’s going to sink or swim on her own. She needs to start brushing up on her skills and watch Cocktail a couple dozen times.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
AOC raised $1.2 million for her relection campaign in the last quarter. That's a substantial amount this early in the cycle, so losing a little support from the already financially-challenged DNC probably won't matter. Hopefully they can redistrict her out of office since it's such a Democratic-leaning district.

On the Republican side, Ms. Murray is the 4th candidate in the Republican primary to take on AOC. If the redistricting doesn't work, let's hope the few Republicans in the district will unite and work together to campaign for the strongest opponent for her and keep her Amazon and Green New Deal debacles front and center for her constituents.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
...and watch Cocktail a couple dozen times.
That and/or Coyote Ugly...
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
...and keep [AOC's] Amazon and Green New Deal debacles front and center for her constituents.
Maybe that's what Ms. Murray should run on...bringing jobs to their neighborhood with Amazon. It would be poetic justice for Ms. Murray to get millions of dollars from Amazon for her campaign...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That district isn't going Republican. I don't care who runs on the Republican line, they're going to lose.

The NYS legislature has increasingly become left looney tunes. I bet she's has more than enough support in Albany to stay. Also, in the last election, the democritters took full, unfettered control. They have no obligation to balance lost congressional districts between parties. Any lost congressional seat will be all Republican.

If she doesn't get a higher office (which in NYC/'S is a real possibility), she could be in that seat till she's Pelosi's age.

quote:
AOC raised $1.2 million for her relection campaign in the last quarter. That's a substantial amount this early in the cycle, so losing a little support from the already financially-challenged DNC probably won't matter. Hopefully they can redistrict her out of office since it's such a Democratic-leaning district.

On the Republican side, Ms. Murray is the 4th candidate in the Republican primary to take on AOC. If the redistricting doesn't work, let's hope the few Republicans in the district will unite and work together to campaign for the strongest opponent for her and keep her Amazon and Green New Deal debacles front and center for her constituents.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
That district isn't going Republican. I don't care who runs on the Republican line, they're going to lose.

The NYS legislature has increasingly become left looney tunes. I bet she's has more than enough support in Albany to stay. Also, in the last election, the democritters took full, unfettered control. They have no obligation to balance lost congressional districts between parties. Any lost congressional seat will be all Republican.

If she doesn't get a higher office (which in NYC/'S is a real possibility), she could be in that seat till she's Pelosi's age.

quote:

Yes. And that mentality would work just fine if the power brokers in her party were to wish it so.

She’s a lightening rod. A liability. She is costing her party votes by the day.

The old money that runs the party won’t tolerTe it. And while we can talk about her dumb platforms, and even dumber voters, the old money calls the shots.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
It's a very long shot in crazy liberal NY, but you never know!

Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant from Jamaica

quote:

Scherie Murray, a New York businesswoman who immigrated from Jamaica as a child and is active in state Republican politics, is launching a campaign Wednesday for the congressional seat held by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Fox News has learned.

I'd LOVE to see this clueless child AOC get unseated by an immigrant and a conservative woman of color to boot! The meltdown would be HUGE.
She was interviewed today on Fox News. Interesting lady. She probably has no chance in that district, but it would be fascinating if she made it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scherie Murray

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves here, turns out she was a Democrat until like 5 minutes ago and an Obama voter and was praising AOC right after she won.

Dammit, I knew this was too good to be true. Frown

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
They are the Four Horsewomen of the apocalypse, evidently- let the memes begin Big Grin

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...ngresswomen-the-four

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
They are the Four Horsewomen of the apocalypse, evidently- let the memes begin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Scherie Murray

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves here, turns out she was a Democrat until like 5 minutes ago and an Obama voter and was praising AOC right after she won.

Yup. Is “stalking horse” the right term here? Or just “BS”

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From The Conservative Treehouse -

Buyer Beware – AOC Challenger Candidate Launch Has Familiarity….

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Scherie Murray

If that is true, she may not be as smart as she appears. I’d have thought she’d have a better chance staying a D and primarying Occasional Kotex.

ETA: Oh, probably totally fake. That makes sense.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:
Scherie Murray

If that is true, she may not be as smart as she appears. I’d have thought she’d have a better chance staying a D and primarying Occasional Kotex.

ETA: Oh, probably totally fake. That makes sense.

Well, I just looked at her twitter account going back to it's beginning in 2013, when she immediately starts posting about running for city council as a GOP candidate, and almost all of her political posts since then seem to clearly be supporting GOP stuff.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post