SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mortgage refi options?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mortgage refi options? Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I am a real estate attorney for the last 20 years.

Approach all with caution.
Also, the price the rate difference between a 15 and 30. A 30 that you pay at the rate of a 15 year is usually the better option.

It allows you to reduce your monthly payment later if the economy shifts or you lose a job.

Just something to consider. If your in FL let me know I have some great lenders who would take good care of you.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5182 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
I am a real estate attorney for the last 20 years.

Approach all with caution.
Also, the price the rate difference between a 15 and 30. A 30 that you pay at the rate of a 15 year is usually the better option.

It allows you to reduce your monthly payment later if the economy shifts or you lose a job.

Just something to consider. If your in FL let me know I have some great lenders who would take good care of you.

I’m in Oklahoma but thanks for the offer to help.

Posts: 3974 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
A 30 that you pay at the rate of a 15 year is usually the better option.

That's exactly what I did with my current mortgage. 30 year mortgage at 2.25%, but I pay it at a rate where it'll be paid off after 14 years. That way, if something happens financially, I can drop down to just paying the basic house payment for however long it's needed.

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post