So I have been assigned a new area in my job and I have to go attend a forensic interview of a juvenile 5 hours away close to the Oklahoma border. My BIL is a federal judge in Plano, Tx. I was going to make a very long day of driving up for the interview, attending it, and driving back.
I talked to my BIL and he has a cool week long criminal case in his court going on so I will now go up tomorrow, stay with him to visit and catch up, then on Wednesday morning will go watch him in court, leave when I need to go to my interview, and then drive home.
That will break up my driving, get to visit him, see him in federal court for the first time, and get home.
He was appointed by Ted Cruz and President Trump and confirmed by the Senate. He is a great man and fantastic judge.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
August 17, 2026, 11:36 PM
911Boss
Very cool!
What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???
August 17, 2026, 11:48 PM
12131
Nice. But, how was he “appointed” by Ted Cruz? By the President yes, but a senator?
Q
August 17, 2026, 11:52 PM
StorminNormin
quote:
Originally posted by 12131: Nice. But, how was he “appointed” by Ted Cruz? By the President yes, but a senator?
I guess I should say Ted Cruz nominated him. Then once he went through the process, he was appointed by Trump, and then it went to the Judicial committee and then to a senate vote.
Good luck on the drive. Within 60 miles of DFW the driving can turn into hell.
What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
August 18, 2026, 12:22 AM
StorminNormin
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine: Good luck on the drive. Within 60 miles of DFW the driving can turn into hell.
Yeah I hate driving in Austin, Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio; my only grace is I get to take available toll roads.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
August 18, 2026, 12:57 AM
12131
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin: I guess I should say Ted Cruz nominated him. Then once he went through the process, he was appointed by Trump, and then it went to the Judicial committee and then to a senate vote.
I should have said POTUS nominated him, then the home state senators, Cruz, and no doubt Cornyn, gave the nomination the nod of approval via the Blue Slip tradition.
Q
August 18, 2026, 07:09 AM
HRK
I was concerned that you were going to be "in front" of your brother, the federal judge LOL, thought maybe we were going to get one hell of a story from you
August 18, 2026, 07:22 AM
ptruck
Glad there isn't the need for a Go-Fund account
August 18, 2026, 09:45 AM
Rawny
quote:
Originally posted by HRK: I was concerned that you were going to be "in front" of your brother, the federal judge LOL,
"Psst! Just act like you don't know me!"
August 18, 2026, 10:11 AM
83v45magna
quote:
Originally posted by HRK: I was concerned that you were going to be "in front" of your brother, the federal judge LOL, thought maybe we were going to get one hell of a story from you
August 20, 2026, 02:33 PM
StorminNormin
It was a really cool experience. He runs a good courtroom and it is a major drug trafficking case so it was interesting to hear all of the co-conspirators testifying against the defendant. US Marshals take their job seriously. During a break I went to the restroom, and apparently he told the US Marshals to take me back to his chambers during the break so we could chat and I was going to give him an agency challenge coin. Well the US Marshals were scouring the building looking for me and as I was washing my hands, one came into the bathroom and told me to come with him…LOL.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
August 20, 2026, 02:58 PM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin: Well the US Marshals were scouring the building looking for me and as I was washing my hands, one came into the bathroom and told me to come with him…LOL.
That would pucker the old red eye
What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone