SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Get to See My BIL Federal Judge in Court
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Get to See My BIL Federal Judge in Court Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
So I have been assigned a new area in my job and I have to go attend a forensic interview of a juvenile 5 hours away close to the Oklahoma border. My BIL is a federal judge in Plano, Tx. I was going to make a very long day of driving up for the interview, attending it, and driving back.

I talked to my BIL and he has a cool week long criminal case in his court going on so I will now go up tomorrow, stay with him to visit and catch up, then on Wednesday morning will go watch him in court, leave when I need to go to my interview, and then drive home.

That will break up my driving, get to visit him, see him in federal court for the first time, and get home.

He was appointed by Ted Cruz and President Trump and confirmed by the Senate. He is a great man and fantastic judge.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Very cool!






What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???


 
Posts: 12303 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice. But, how was he “appointed” by Ted Cruz? By the President yes, but a senator? Confused


Q






 
Posts: 31443 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Nice. But, how was he “appointed” by Ted Cruz? By the President yes, but a senator? Confused


I guess I should say Ted Cruz nominated him. Then once he went through the process, he was appointed by Trump, and then it went to the Judicial committee and then to a senate vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_D._Jordan




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the drive. Within 60 miles of DFW the driving can turn into hell.



What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
 
Posts: 14251 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Good luck on the drive. Within 60 miles of DFW the driving can turn into hell.


Yeah I hate driving in Austin, Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio; my only grace is I get to take available toll roads.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I guess I should say Ted Cruz nominated him. Then once he went through the process, he was appointed by Trump, and then it went to the Judicial committee and then to a senate vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_D._Jordan

I should have said POTUS nominated him, then the home state senators, Cruz, and no doubt Cornyn, gave the nomination the nod of approval via the Blue Slip tradition.


Q






 
Posts: 31443 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I was concerned that you were going to be "in front" of your brother, the federal judge LOL, thought maybe we were going to get one hell of a story from you Big Grin
 
Posts: 28573 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Glad there isn't the need for a Go-Fund account Big Grin
 
Posts: 2361 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I was concerned that you were going to be "in front" of your brother, the federal judge LOL,
"Psst! Just act like you don't know me!" Big Grin
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I was concerned that you were going to be "in front" of your brother, the federal judge LOL, thought maybe we were going to get one hell of a story from you Big Grin

 
Posts: 7964 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
It was a really cool experience. He runs a good courtroom and it is a major drug trafficking case so it was interesting to hear all of the co-conspirators testifying against the defendant. US Marshals take their job seriously. During a break I went to the restroom, and apparently he told the US Marshals to take me back to his chambers during the break so we could chat and I was going to give him an agency challenge coin. Well the US Marshals were scouring the building looking for me and as I was washing my hands, one came into the bathroom and told me to come with him…LOL.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 10031 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Well the US Marshals were scouring the building looking for me and as I was washing my hands, one came into the bathroom and told me to come with him…LOL.


That would pucker the old red eye Big Grin



What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
 
Posts: 14251 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Get to See My BIL Federal Judge in Court

© SIGforum 2026