SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do I enhance my wood stove hearth stone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I enhance my wood stove hearth stone? Login/Join 
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted
I just put in a stone hearth for our wood stove. We used a a local quarry rock that is gorgeous. More so when wet, I want to sustain that brilliance of the rock grain but I don't want a glossy finish. Anyone have experience with such a thing and can recommend a product and process?

Posts: 3241 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Mineral oil or stone sealer?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Thanks, my head was there with the stone sealer low gloss, was just looking for recommendations... didn't consider mineral oil. I'll try it on a couple chunks, do you have experience with the mineral oil LS1 GTO?

Posts: 3241 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Only experience is a left over piece of rose quartz on my work bench. Got a bit of oil on it and the section always seems wet.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post